Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Mar 3, 2010

I’m Not the Only One!

The weather has been gorgeous this week {and by gorgeous I mean “not snowing” and 30-ish degrees} and Lily and I have been taking full advantage of it by GETTING OUT OF THE HOUSE!

Today we went to a friend’s house for a little playdate, and I realized again that it often does ME as much good as it does Lily to spend time with some “big people” during the day.

I realized that I’m not the only one….

…who struggles to think of things to do with my busy little toddler now that she’s no longer taking a morning nap….

…who sometimes feels BORED trying to entertain a busy little toddler who’s no longer taking a morning nap…

…who sometimes doesn’t get to take a shower until afternoon-thirty because a busy little toddler no longer takes a morning nap {and refuses to play with her toys on the bathroom floor while I hop in the shower but instead unwraps all of mommy’s tampons and tries to flush them down the toilet :-/}

…who feels GUILTY for missing that darn morning nap so much :)…

…who sometimes dreads mealtime and the inevitable conflict it creates…

…whose child sometimes starts pitchin’ a crying hissy for no apparent reason at all…

…who feels like they work-work-work all day long yet have nothing to show for it…

I think sometimes it’s easy for us mommies to just heap big old piles of guilt on ourselves for the struggles we face every day.

We feel scared that we’re doing something wrong.

We feel afraid that we’re making mistakes {and possibly screwing up our kids in the process!}

We feel inadequate.

But the truth is, most of us are just normal. And sometimes it’s just good to be reminded…

I’m not the only one!

6 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Here, here :)
I wish we lived close enough for playdates :)
You should probably put a sign above the toilet that says "Please do not flush sanitary napkins"....never know--maybe she reads??

This Heavenly Life said...

AMEN! This has come to my attention lately, too. We're all just doing our best, and it's all normal. Hope you're feeling refreshed!

Unknown said...

Amen for playdates! and weekends away with good friends! :) Can't wait to be refreshed next weekend and reminded that I, too, am a "normal" mom. :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

so So SO not the only one Amy! I can relate with every word (well... almost every word -not the word "Lily" or really "tampon" either - I haven't had to use those in over a year - but most words I could relate to...).
PS - I'll get back to you on the oil rubbed bronze paint we used - I have to ask Dave.

Anonymous said...

I usually feel more motivated after a shower so in the mornings I would take the highchair in bathroom with me. I could take a quick shower while my little one colored. I do not know if this will help, but it is a suggestion. =)

H-Mama said...

You are absolutely not the only one, my friend. (((hugs)))

 
Images by Freepik