Wow. Is it seriously the middle of March? Where to begin?
- Had a super fun time in Minneapolis with some of my very best friends last weekend. Heavy on conversation but light on sleep. I haven’t stayed up that late since my college years! We made a stop at Ikea on Saturday and I picked up these fun little guys:
They’re part of my “Get-All-The-Junk-In-My-Pantry-Organized-Before-I-Lose-My-Ever-Loving-Mind-While-Looking-For-The-Spaghetti-Noodles” Plan. We are in Phase One.
- Unfortunately, we must have shared some germs along with our conversation this weekend, because I woke up on Monday morning feeling like I had gotten run over by a semi truck. Hence the lack of blogging. And cleaning. And cooking. My poor family!
- Speaking of my family, they are the best! After spending an entire weekend taking care of Lily all by his lonesome while I was off frolicking with my friends, I came home to find Dave in the kitchen, washing dishes, the house spotlessly clean, a lasagna ready to pop in the oven, and a this cake sitting on the counter:
He’s the best! The best, I tell you! And if that wasn’t enough, he took vacation time on Monday afternoon to come home and nurse his sick wife. Whatta guy!
- It’s like, sixty degrees today. Which doesn’t really have anything to do with anything else but it just makes me happy :)
Happy Thursday!



9 comments:
Those jars are adorable, and your husband is a PHENOM! Hope you feel better soon :)
I'm so glad you are feeling better! It was so fun to see you and catch up - we need to get together more often!!
P.S. maybe it's just that I'm a new mom, but I got a bad mental picture when you said Dave came home to nurse you... :)
Dave did an awesome job frosting that cake!
That cake is awesome!! What a sweet hubby you have :)
What a great husband!! Hope you feel better soon.
Wow...maybe your husband could start a blog teaching husbands to cook and decorate cakes? That is seriously amazing! I am inspired to clean and have a treat ready when Cody comes back from the trip he's on with our college kids from church!
Hope you're feeling better soon!
Glad you had fun in MN! Those jars are super cute and your husband has mad skills. You must be so proud. Go, Dave!
No way!! Spotless house? LASAGNA?! That cake??!!
Wow Amy. For real. WOW! :)
Not fun about the sickies..but so glad you got some girlfriend time! How was the cake?!
Post a Comment