Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Apr 7, 2010

Easter and Such

I thought about not posting my Easter pictures since it’s so late in the week, but Lily looked so cute in her dress, I think I’d be doing you a disservice if I didn’t.

{Not really. I just need an excuse for putting these up so late :) }

True to toddler form, we couldn’t get Lily to sit still long enough to get a picture of just her in her dress. Of course, it probably would have helped if we hadn’t sat her next to a basket full of goodies first. Rookie mistake.April 2010 002

She wasn’t quite sure what to do with the plastic eggs at first… April 2010 012

She loves putting Chapstick on so we gave her her very own Jolly Rancher lip balm, watermelon flavored – it was a big hit.

Unfortunately, I failed to anticipate the potential hazards of giving a less-than-two-year-old a stick of delicious smelling Chapstick. I never thought I’d hear myself say things like, “Chapstick is not for eating,” or “Please stop using the Chapstick to write on the walls.” Again – rookie.

April 2010 013April 2010 004

But I think Lily’s favorite treat of all came in the form of a fluffy, sugar coated baby chicken {a.k.a. Peeps}

April 2010 009“Hmmm…what is this?” 

April 2010 006

“Whatever it is…I like it!”April 2010 008     We had a super yummy breakfast at church, followed by a beautiful church service, then had my parents over for dinner and egg coloring. Lily loves hanging out with “Papa” and “Nommy” (which is evidently her word for Grandma. I don’t get it either.)April 2010 015 Oh, and remember how I told you that my brother got baptized? Well, I thought maybe you’d like to see the video – it’s not very long:

JUST KIDDING!!

But can you imagine that happening in your church? Must’ve been a preacher’s kid :)

Anyway, it was a great day ending with an Easter egg hunt with all the grandkids at my parent’s house. No pictures of that, I’m sure you’re disappointed :)

Now I’m just trying to exercise extreme willpower in not devouring all of Lily’s Easter candy.

And eating lots of egg salad sandwiches, since I’m the only one in our family who likes hard boiled eggs. As my husband so eloquently put it, “They taste like a fart.”

And since I don’t want to end on that lovely note, I’ll leave you with a “throwback” picture of Lily from Easter last year:

008 (15)

011 (12)

She’s not quite the chubby baby she used to be!

Happy Wednesday!

15 comments:

H-Mama said...

Of course you would have done her a disservice by not posting those lovely pix. ;) She looks adorable!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

I'm thinking......she's looking more like her daddy. I might be crazy, but I think so.

I love egg salad as well, and I do not think they taste like fart :) But that is funny :) Specially with celery in it....mmmmmm :)

Becky said...

I have a lot of comments on this one:
I love her Easter dress! She looks really good in purple.
Dave's comment cracks me up - that sounds like something Joel would say too.
Nommy? Maybe it means "not mommy"? :)
Her lounging model pose from last year is awesome! :)
Thanks for the tips on the chapstick!

une autre mère said...

Awww, Lily looks so cute in her Easter dress! And I love those chubby-wubby pics from last year too.

I do think that egg salad smells like a fart, but I still like it. What does that say about me? ;)

peter marie said...

So adorable!! I'm glad you still posted them.

Oh, and i love your bedroom. The cimforter is amazing and way to go on the pillows! Makes me want to redo my room AGAIN. :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

What a cutie pie! I love how it looks like she has found the greatest treasures ever in chapstick and peeps!
Egg Salad...gonna have to agree with your husband! That's one thing I have never "cooked"!

Anonymous said...

Dang, you pick out cute Easter dresses for Lily! They are both SO cute. :)

Thanks for sharing your rookie mistakes on here...hopefully I will learn from them!

beccarankin said...

No dumb questions. ;-) She is my sister, but she hasn't gone to Saylorville for awhile. She has really long red hair. :-)
Gabi loves chap stick, too. Only she eats it.

Debbi said...

So, so CUTE! I love all the purple, and ruffles, and bows!!!

The Haase's said...

your husband's comment made me laugh like a middle schooler... PS I have started my blog again, check it out :-) http://haase2007.blogspot.com/
PPS I made your mom's meatballs and cheesy potatos for Stephanie Nugent. she had a baby last week. Of course I made some for us to enjoy too.

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

SUCH a cutie!!

Emily said...

Those bunny ears are adorable!! And polka dots, too!!

Anonymous said...

I will admit, I've been "blog-stalking" you for a little while. I'm not proud of that, but admitting it is the first step of recovery, right?

Anyway, had to comment on the Easter pics...aren't girls so much fun! It just makes your heart happy to see them all dressed up...although they are just as cute in whatever :) I had tons of fun with my kids outfits this year too...cause, even though it's more challenging, boys clothes can be cute too :)

Anyway again, my real reason for posting, would you and Lily like to come over for a play-date sometime? Even though I've "known" you for years, I don't really "KNOW" you, and my kids would absolutely love to play with Lilly. Just thought I would throw that invite out there and see what happens. My e-mail is: JAL.johnson23@gmail.com

OK, off to enjoy this beautiful day!

Jessica Johnson

Michelle said...

seriously? why are you doing this to me! cuteness overload is making my momma heart want another itty bitty girl ;)

Kelly said...

I totally LOVE her dress!!

 
Images by Freepik