Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Apr 16, 2010

Photo Booth Friday #25: Ch-ch-changes

Today I am a little sad.

Happy, but…a little sad…because we said good-bye to my brother and his family last night.

They’re headed up north where my brother will start his new job working as a program director at a Christian camp in another state. It’s the perfect job for him, one they’ve been praying for, and we are thrilled at the way the Lord has worked in their lives.

BUT…

It’s a change.

And I don’t like change.

Even the good kind. It takes some adapting.

We’re gonna miss them. And Lily’s gonna miss her cousins…she loves her cousins. I watched them on Wednesday afternoon so the kiddos could play together one last time {and so Brad and Jenny could have some time to pack in peace!} I don’t know if I’ve ever heard Lily giggle so much.

April 2010 002 April 2010 006 April 2010 007April 2010 010 Yep, Lily’s gonna miss hanging out with “Eee-ya” and “Kay-kay” {Eli and Mykaela}!

Come back and visit soon!!

Happy {sad} Friday!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Super cute pictures! That's so sad though. I know you will all miss them!

Becky said...

Love the pictures! They look like they had fun together.
Living far from family is so hard!! But congrats to Brad on the new job!!

Unknown said...

hi. this is my first time stopping by your blog. I read through a few posts and enjoyed *spying* on your life. Thanks for letting me take a peek :)
-elizabeth

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Wow! i didn't know brad & jenny were moving....not sure why I would...but I didnt :) Definitely exciting move for them, but it looks like Lily will miss having those cousins....so cute!
It is fun watching Hayden play with his older cousins...definitely the most he ever laughs :)

H-Mama said...

my heart goes out to you. i know changes can be hard. (((hugs))) they are so cute!

Michelle said...

changes are hard. which is one of the many reasons i hate them ;)
lily's cousins are absolutely adorable!!!

 
Images by Freepik