Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Apr 15, 2010

Let Me Just Answer Some of Your Lingering Questions

They’re the questions every pregnant woman gets asked one meeellion times between now and the time she gives birth. And since I know some of you won’t be around to ask me in person, I’ll cover them here. You’re welcome :)

When are you due/How far along are you?

I’m 15 weeks, due October 8th. Just for a little perspective, that falls about two and a half weeks after Lily’s second birthday.

Also, October is evidently a very popular birth month in our family. The 7th is my nephew’s birthday, the 8th is my brother’s birthday, the 9th is my brother-in-laws birthday, and the 22nd is my sister-in-laws birthday. Why not throw another one in the mix? :)

How are you feeling?

Of all the questions, this one probably gets asked the MOST. The answer? GREAT! The first trimester I was a little iffy, but I really can’t complain. I wasn’t really sick, like vomiting, but I didn’t really feel like eating. Ironically, the less I ate, the worse I felt so me and the box of Saltine crackers were practically inseparable for the first 13 weeks.

The 2nd trimester has been good to me though, and my appetite is back with a vengeance.

Are you going to find out the gender?

Yes {if we can}. I’m far too curious {and far too much of a planner} to NOT know. And there are no plans to be mysterious about it, either. Keeping secrets really isn’t my forte :) So once we know, you will too. The name, however, will be a secret. It’s just easier that way :)

Do you want a boy or a girl?

Yes, it’s cliche but “as long as it’s healthy, we don’t care.” Really, we’re happy either way. We want at least one boy, so that would be cool. But we’ve also got everything we need for a girl already, so…either/or.

Oh, and the ultrasound is in 3 weeks – so we should know soon!

Any cravings?

Uhh….food?

Were you planning it?

Not that it’s really anybody’s business :) but for some reason, people always want to know…yes. We always said we wanted to time our kids out about 2 years apart, and evidently that is matching up with God’s timing as well.

How are you feeling compared to your last pregnancy?

So far, this pregnancy has felt exactly like my first, with a couple of exceptions.

  1. Dry skin – with Lily, I actually was breaking out the first few months, with this pregnancy my skin has felt more dry (and it’s already fairly dry to begin with). Somebody told me that girls make  you break out, boys make your skin dry. I don’t know if that’s an old wives’ tale or not but I guess we’ll find out :)

  2. My belly – it’s showing, like, waaaayy sooner than before. With Lily, I don’t think my belly started to pop until like 20, 21 weeks?

    This picture was taken exactly two years and one month ago (March 15, 2008) when I was preggers with Lily – I was 14 weeks.
    011

Right now, at 15 weeks I can’t even get that shirt buttoned.

Here’s a current belly shot:
{Pardon the awkward arm angle. I’m not good at self-portraits}

003   So my question…to all you mommies of more than one…does the fact that I’m showing sooner with number 2 mean that by 40 weeks I’ll be HUGE??

Please say no :)

I think that about covers it. Believe me, by the end of 40 weeks, you’ll be as ready as I am for me to have the baby – so I’ll stop blabbing about it :)

14 comments:

Heather (One Take On Life) said...

Popped over from Raising LIttle women. Really that's showing???? Seriously I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Love the title of your blog:)

Amy said...

With my baby #2, I felt like I couldn't get into my regular pants the day after he was conceived :) Yes, I showed much sooner with each pregnancy, but I gained the same amount with each one and was able to wear the same clothes. You do not look like you are showing from that picture :) Oh and I love how everyone asks if you were trying. Be prepared after you have the baby, because everyone will ask if you are done yet???
Blessings,
Amy

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I definitely "popped out" sooner with each pregnancy. But.......... yeah, I don't see a belly on you at all yet. That's okay - I know that when you are pregnant you feel way bigger than any one else around you seems to observe. :) You are a.dor.a.ble. :)
I love two year spacing! We pretty much did that every time. :)
There was about 27 months between K and Jay, 22 between K and Noe. Noe and Kai have just two months shy of three years separating them, but we lost a baby between them as well.
Wow - typing that out makes me totally realize that I have a house full. :)
I'm excited to hear about your ultra sound! :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

You don't want me to answer that last question :)

And I totally hear you about the 'the less I ate the worse I felt' thing.....totally hear you. So excited to hear if it's a he or a she!!

Ann@StringerMama said...

Yea - I only wish I "showed" like that at 15 weeks!! I looked like I was 6 months along at 8 weeks. We've always had to tell people really quickly because either I tell them or they figure it out on their own! Second one definitely showed sooner but in the end I gained much less weight than Aimee. :-) So glad you had an easier first tri!

Sarah Moulton said...

Try going to church with this skinny little something when you are due just 3 days before her!! lol, j/k Amy! It'll be fun to see who goes first! Are you delivering at Mercy or Methodist? I'm a Methodist girl-wouldn't it be fun to be in there together? How close was Lily to her dd? Nina was 10 days early and Tate was 4 days early. Glad you're feling great! You look GREAT! I am definately poking out sooner with this one...not quite in the maternity jeans yet-but they are def tempting!

Heather said...

awww! Congrats! I really am the last to know! That's wonderful! Yes, showing starts soo much sooner and no that doesn't mean you'll gain more weight or get huge by D-day! I didn't have dry skin with either of my girls- at least no more then normal :) So that's not a guaranted way to tell sex unfortunately. Now the questions don't stop, it's true... marrying into a big family I get the "when are you going to have another one" about the second a baby pops out, so get ready to field all sorts of questions. Any help/advice needed from another mother of 2 just ask away. Good luck and congrats! That's soo exciting, I can't wait to keep reading about it!

TRS said...

ha ha.... your family has a mating season!! (birthdays all in same month)
I always think that's funny.

une autre mère said...

Thanks for answering all these burning questions! It's like you read my mind! :)

With Millie (my 2nd), I popped out waaaay earlier too. By 5 months, I had people asking me if I was going to pop any day. Luckily it slowed down. However, with Tate I just kept growing and growing until I literally split (with my first stretch mark down the middle of my tummy!). I was GINORMOUS! I can't picture you ever being that big. You'll just be cute! :)

Brooke said...

Congrats!!! Such an exciting time ;) as far as the dry skin/ breakouts... I was the exact opposite of that and after my baby girl, I still have such dry skin when I suffered from terribly oily skin my whole life.

With my first I gained 40 lbs and with my second only 19 (and I lost the weight both times.) I did start to show way earlier second go around but no, not a sentence to whale proportions-lol. No matter what your body goes through, they are well worth it. xoxoxo

mommy baum said...

Amy -

Really loved reading all your info! So fun to hear about other people's pregnancies....and I think that you look great! :)

Michelle said...

awwww you're so cute. i wish i woulda been a cute lil preggo gal. *snort* seriously, i get huge! i mean HUGE i'll have to post pics one day. in about my 3rd or 4th month with all the girls i'm about the size of your pic down below with the black shirt on. unfortunately my rear end pokes out just a much haha!

but yes, you will be bigger with each baby after your first. for some reason you just seem to pop sooner.

so glad your pregnancy is going well. i can't wait to see more belly shots!

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

Oh my, CONGRATS to you!!!! Last time I popped in not long ago, I So excited for you! I'm going to follow along! And by the way, you look great!! That's about how I look now, but only wish I could pop sooner with each one! I feel SMALLER with this baby so far! :)

Blessings, Kate

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

*sorry about the jibberish above... I didn't re-read, and my computer has been magically arranging and typing words where it wants to lately! I was saying that I didn't even know last time that I checked in with you! :)*

 
Images by Freepik