Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

May 10, 2010

An Ultrasound, A Contest, and a Giveaway!

Note: This might be officially my longest post EVER. But hang in there, because there’s a giveaway at the end, and it’s a good one – the biggest I’ve ever done! How’s that for bribery ;)

Happy day-after-Mother’s-Day!!! Hope you had a great weekend!

We kicked our weekend off with an early Mother’s Day present for me:

May 2010 002

Seeing our newest little munchkin for the first time on ultrasound. It never gets old! Everything looked normal and healthy – two words that are music to any expecting parent’s ears.

Saturday Dave gave me my second early Mother’s Day present:

018

{Don’t mind that sippy cup – Lily’s already made herself at home}

It.is.FINISHED.

Well, we’ve still got to attach the  mantel,  but the rest of it is done. Officially the hardest, longest, most frustrating DIY project that we have done to date. Next we’ll be painting – both the living room and the bedroom!

Sunday morning I got to sleep in a little and when I came downstairs I saw this yummy breakfast waiting for me:

015 
Of course I shared bites with this little cutie:

017

And then I got my final present – a a sweet card and Peanut Butter Dove Promises:

016

019

Mmmmm…chocolate and peanut butter…he knows the way to my heart :)

We had lunch at Outback with my family, came home for a little rest, then headed to my parent’s house to hang out and grill in the evening.

All in all, a very good weekend. I’m so thankful God gave me a reason to celebrate Mother’s Day!

AND NOW FOR SOME FUN!

Remember how I told you we wanted to find out the gender of our baby?

Well…we didn’t. Or rather, we couldn’t. The little stinker kept it’s legs crossed and it’s feet curled up the whole time.

I was sooo disappointed, until the doctor told me he was going to schedule us for another ultrasound at our 22 week appointment. So *cross your fingers* we hope to find out then!

And while we’re waiting, I thought we’d have a little fun with it – so I’m hosting a “Guess the Gender of Our Baby” contest!

Here’s the scoop – to enter, all you have to do is leave me a comment on this post with your guess as to whether we’re having a boy or a girl.

In addition, you can earn  TWO ADDITIONAL ENTRIES by doing the following:

1) Become a follower – just click on the button on the left-hand side of the page. If you’re already a follower, great! Just leave me a comment to remind me.

Sample comment: I follow!

2) Blog about it! – Or if you don’t have a blog, put a notice up on your Facebook page with a link to my blog. Then come back here and leave me a comment letting me know you did it.

Sample comment: I blogged about it!

And just what exactly is in it for you?

The winner will receive  a $50.00 gift card graciously provided by CSN Stores.

CSN Stores has over 200 online stores where you can find tv stands, furniture, home decor, and more!

The gift card will be good at any of CSN’s 200 online stores. And seriously – there is something for everyone here!

I mean, they’ve got an entire website dedicated to just shoes – who doesn’t love shoes?

But I think if I won the gift card, I’d probably end up spending it at their cookware site.

Le Creuset, anyone?

Le Creuset 3.5-Quart Round Wide Oven in Caribbean - L2552-2417

But wait…there’s more!!!!

You have until midnight on Wednesday to enter and I’ll be randomly selecting a winner sometime this Thursday, May 13th.

That’s right…you don’t even have to guess the gender right to win!

BUT…

there will be a special prize for one of you who does guess the gender! Once we find out {sometime in mid-June} I will draw another name from those who correctly guessed the gender. And that lucky person will receive a $5.00 gift card to their choice of either Target, Sonic, or Starbucks.

Whew!

Did you get all that? There’s so many chances to win, I don’t know what you’re waiting for! Leave a comment (or two or three) already!!

45 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will vote for BOY
since I will hopefully be holding my own little guy in the middle of June. :)

So glad you had a wonderful Mother's day! The fireplace looks beautiful!

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

Oh man, I was so excited to find out!!! Oh well, I can wait until your next ultrasound! (We hopefully find out on Friday...)

I love the fireplace... Beautiful! And also, my creamer of choice is Coffe Mate hazelnut. ;)

I guess... BOY, but not sure... :)

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

I already follow! :)

Chrysanthemama said...

For some reason, I think it is a BOY because he was being stubborn! Either way, I am very excited for you. Thank you for offering this giveaway!

Chrysanthemama said...

I am a follower. The Panera goodies look delish!

peter marie said...

That fireplace looks awesome...and that chair that's showing off to the side. LOVE that...where did you get it??
My guess:
GIRL

I'm glad they are letting you have another ultrasound!

peter marie said...

I already happily follow. :)

Michelle said...

oh, i'm sorry that you were not able to find out boy or girl!
the fireplace looks amazing! and love the little sippy cup decoration teehee!

Michelle said...

and i'm already a follower ;)

une autre mère said...

Fireplace looks awesome! So sorry you didn't get to find out the gender, but I'll tell you - it's a girl. And for extra measure, your third will be a boy. :)

une autre mère said...

Oh, and I'm a long-time proud follower!

Mandi said...

Oh happy day! Love everything and every picture. And, we have the same southern living stuff...I think. (your table decor)

Mandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandi said...

I'm not trying to cheat - but, i forgot to guess with my 1st comment.
I say GIRL, seems like they curl up the best! Those modest munchkins!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

LOVE the new look for the fireplace! Beautiful! I love that brown chair on the side, too! :)
My guess is a *girl*! Our boys were easy to tell and Cloe was all curled up...Of course, I could totally be wrong!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

AND I'm a follower!

Jenn said...

I am a follower!

Jenn said...

And I mentioned you on my blog. I think you are having another girl :o) Hope "she" cooperates in a few weeks!

Jenn said...

And I love your fireplace I was going through all of your house projects on your blog trying to get ideas. You have some great links and ideas I am going to be utilizing in the near future :o)

Laura said...

Amy~ The fireplace looks awesome! And I'm gonna have to guess a boy. No particular reason, just throwin it out there! :)

Becky said...

My guess is boy! only because that's what I want you to have :)

Becky said...

I follow!

Melissa said...

I'll vote girl. And I follow your blog already :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

I guessing it's a chica......kind of like what Mandolin said :) Modest chicas :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

annnnnd I follow :)

This Heavenly Life said...

I guess GIRL! Mostly because I want Lily to have a sister :)
Yay!

This Heavenly Life said...

And I'm a follower. Quite a loyal one at that....extra points?!

It was worth a shot :)

Heather said...

I'm guessing a girl, because sugar and spice times 2 is twice as nice! Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

I'm already a follower too! Do I still get my second entry? You are soo funny!

Karen said...

I am a follower. I guess GIRL.

Unknown said...

My, you're generous! I'm guessing another girl. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy!!! Your breakfast looks AMAZING! It was also nice to meet your real life family (not just through your blog). :) I am pretty sure you will have a boy. You are a Fincham. I am not even sure how you got one girl. I also officially became a follower aka stalker. And for one last chance to win I put your blog as my status on facebook.

Jeanette said...

Hey Amy!!! Your breakfast looks AMAZING! It was also nice to meet your real life family (not just through your blog). :) I am pretty sure you will have a boy. You are a Fincham. I am not even sure how you got one girl. I also officially became a follower aka stalker. And for one last chance to win I put your blog as my status on facebook.

Anonymous said...

My guess is GIRL! It seems like everyone I know is either having all girls or all boys. :)

Anonymous said...

I follow! :)

The Haase's said...

Hi Amy! I now follow you officially. Still figuring all this out :-) I think Lilly is going to have a little sister :-) you can name her Becky if you'd like LOL. I will blog about it too! It gives me something to post about :-) PS I will email you the park schedule when i get it done.

Lisa said...

I also vote for GIRL! And I follow you :)

And, Becky, is it the NV summer park schedule?!?!? I can't wait for summer trips to the park!

beccarankin said...

I think it is a girl, for some reason. You looked really cute on Sunday!

Ann@StringerMama said...

I"m thinking a girl! :-)

Kelly said...

I say GIRL!!!! :)

Love the new fireplace! Looks amazing!

Kelly said...

I follow you!

Amy Valentine said...

I say GIRL! I have three boys and it was always very obvious! Oh and I am a friend of Katie@The Baby Factory=:)

becky said...

I vote boy!
I'm preggo too and having a boy..only one other mom that I know that's preggo right now is having a girl...so I'm guessing that you're boy too! :)

becky said...

I follow your blog as of today :)

Heather (One Take On Life) said...

I am guessing girl. Typically if you have had one girl you are more likely to have another, same holds true with boys I am told.

 
Images by Freepik