Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jun 29, 2010

Mumbo Jumbo

Do you know what time my daughter woke me up this morning?

I will tell you. 5:30.

Yes, 5:30.

As in A.M.

As in, before the trash truck has even come.

As in waaay before Mommy was ready to get up.

And guess what time she woke up yesterday? 5:15. (Daddy took that one though. Yes, I love him)

Look, I love my little girl, and after the accident last week, I’m so thankful to hear that little voice come over the monitor every morning but DUDE. I’m tired.

Needless to say, my brain…it’s not functioning at it’s highest level this afternoon (which probably isn’t saying much :) So some random thoughts…

  • I have a total love/hate relationship with Goodwill.

    Love finding cute stuff for cheap.

    Hate searching through haphazard stacks of junk to find the cute stuff.

    Some trips feel like a total waste of time, but my most recent trip was a success – I found this super cute lantern on Saturday for only $3.99! It was just what I’d been looking for to use as a centerpiece for our table – only I was too cheap to pay full price for one :)
June 2010 001


Can’t you just picture this all gussied up for Christmas too? I’m lovin’ it :)

  • Remember my giveaway courtesy of the lovely folks at CSN Stores? Well, they have so graciously contacted me again, this time to do a review for them! In case you didn’t know, they have over 200 amazing online stores where you can almost find anything you need whether it be a sofa or a suitcase, a crib or a cookie sheet! I have a feeling I’m going to have a hard time narrowing down what I want to choose!
  • Have you heard of these? Thomas Bagel Thins – like a bagel, only…thin :) My current favorite breakfast is one of these Whole Wheat Bagel Thins shmeared with peanut butter and topped with sliced bananas. Super yummy!

    They have 5 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein, and like, half the calories of a regular bagel. {Ok, that’s a lie. I don’t know how many calories a regular bagel has. But these only have 110!}

  • We said a sad farewell to our car the other day before they towed it to the salvage yard. *Sniff* We bought that car only a couple of months after we got married – it was our first major purchase as a married couple. Kinda sad. But…mini van, here we come! :) Any recommendations for what we should be looking for?

  • Lily has developed a deep and abiding fear of bugs, particularly flies. When she sees one, she runs fast as her little legs can carry her, screaming “GUB! GUB!” (her word for bug) and buries her little head in my legs. Ironically enough, this is one of her favorite books right now:I Love Bugs
    Sometimes I would just love to know what’s going through that little toddler mind of hers :)

  • We took our first trip to the zoo on Friday evening. Let me just say – I’ve never been to this particular zoo during the day, but I am firmly convinced that evening is the best time to go. It was a little warm, but not nearly as oppressively hot as it would have been during the day. And I’m sure that helped with the stench some as well, although it was still pretty stinky. Plus, it wasn’t crowded at all.

    I was just sure that Lily was going to be captivated by all the animals but you know what she was most fascinated by? The kids.  More than once we turned our heads to see her toddling after one family or another, giggling and talking to whoever would listen. Quite the social butterfly, that one.

    I did manage to capture some pictures, for posterity:

    Looking at some sort of bird
    June 2010 009

    She was fascinated most by the flamingos…

    June 2010 024

Trying to join up with another familyJune 2010 022 

That’s all folks! I think I’m going to go take a nap :)

7 comments:

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

I loovve those Bagel Thins - they are SO good!

Ann@StringerMama said...

Town and Country! all the way - they are on my someday list to buy! A new one with middle seats that swivel so they face the back so I can sit in the back with the kids and entertain them without killing my back by turning around! So on my wish list! But we have a Dodge Caravan Sport and we love it!

Becky said...

My dream mini-van is the new Chrysler Town and Country - it's awesome! Probably super expensive but I like to dream :) You can get it with swivel seats and a table - or with stow and go seats.
I've heard the Honda and Toyota mini-vans are really good too though. Have fun!!!

beccarankin said...

Gabi gets up between five fifteen and five thirty EVERY morning without fail. I actually prayed tonight in my prayer time with her before she falls asleep that she would sleep later. I feel your pain!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

My dream mini van.....is not a minivan. Sorry, I'm no help :)
2 days in a row of 5 something?!? Maybe give her a little benadryl? lol...just kidding!!

H-Mama said...

I sympathize with you... I remember many 'attempted' naps, pregnant, while taking care of a toddler. (((Amy)))

Michelle said...

i have a love/hate relationship with goodwill too! same reason you listed ;) love your lantern! looks great on the table. i may have to try that. i have one i bought on clearance last year and can't figure out what to do with it.

 
Images by Freepik