A couple of weeks ago Sarah posted this video on her blog and it about made me bust a gut watching it.
It’s even funnier to me now because as of yesterday, we officially bought a Swagger Wagon of our own.
Yup. We are now the proud owners of a mini van – a Kia Sedona, to be precise.

Things I Like About Owning a Mini Van
- No more huffing and puffing as I hoist my pregnant self out of the driver’s seat.
- Not having to do the bend and twist to get Lily in and out of her car seat.
- Feeling like I’m riding high enough to run over all those lowly sedans and compact cars out there ;)
- Stow N’ Go
- The space! So much space!
- The “cool” factor
Ok…so maybe not that last one :) But to be perfectly honest with you, I don’t really mind the whole Soccer Mom stereotype. I mean, what does driving a mini van say about me? That I’m a mom with more than one kid? Well…I am. It’d be kind of silly to be driving around in a sports car :)
Oh, and did I mention? It came with an automatic starter. Suh-wheet!
Of course, I’ll admit, if we had a leetle more money, I would love to be driving one of these:
*Sigh*
A girl can dream, right?
But the fact that we were able to pay cash for our van and don’t have a car payment hanging over our heads makes it all worth it. Better to be dorky and debt free than in living a lifestyle we can’t afford, right?
RIGHT??
So…anyone else out there rockin’ the Swagger Wagon?



10 comments:
Welcome to the Swagger Wagon Club! Sadly, after 4 kids, I look at nice new vehicles and think to myself how sad it would be to totally destroy the inside of it...like ours is. It's bad. Really bad.
You're gonna love it. I promise. :)
That video is hilarious! Jaxon was even sitting here "head banging" to the music! :) So glad you guys were able to find a van so quickly that will meet your needs! And no judgment for driving a van here....I'm sure that will be us one of these days too!
Hilarious. I am 'so' putting that video on my fb... as there was a recent debate about the mom-wagon. ;) I'm a part of that club too... will be driving it till the wheels fall off. Ha!
Well, you know me...driving a van before I even had a kid. But I love my van!! Love the ease of getting in and out and the space is great! I can't tell you how many times having so much space has really helped! You'll especially love having all that space next time you have to travel...and since you'll have twice the stuff to pack soon, you'll really love the extra space. :) Yay for you guys! and kudos on doing it without having a car payment.
As a mom van driver, I have to say....yes, there is much more space, but you will be amazed how fast that space disappears!
Where the heck is the trunk on this thing!? I have found myself massively missing having a trunk.
Congrats on the new addition to your fam :) Is it red like the picture? A cool color made all the difference for me :)
alright, not gonna lie....jealous.
Congrats, lol! :) Great job paying cash for it. We bought a Trailblazer last year (we have a boat, so no minivan for me) and paid cash. It is so nice not having a payment!
Way to go! That is wonderful that you paid cash for your mini-van...far better to not be in debt.
Also congrats on baby #2 on the way. I'm having my second in September (another boy)!
I can see we think a lot alike! Yeah for no debt.
I think you will be one hot mama in your new mini van.
Congrats on the mini van purchase! You know, my parents drive a Kia Sedona and they LOVE it! :) I can't wait to hear feedback about it after you have had a chance to try it out :)
Loved the video you posted as well.....it cracked me up!
Hope things are going well for you ;)
Post a Comment