Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Aug 23, 2010

Obsessions

Some things I’m loving right now:

Cantaloupe {or muskmelon…whatever you call it}

August 2010 009

This bowl was filled to the brim a couple of days ago…and would you believe I’m the only one in our house who likes it? So I was forced to eat it all my by myself. What a shame ;)

And I may or may not have bought another one at the store this weekend…

Little Glass Jars

August 2010 007

I’ve never really been one to collect anything but I just can’t get enough clear containers for our pantry – or wherever. I love them! These were only .99 cents at Goodwill. Aren’t they cute? I don’t even know what I’m going to put in them, right now I just like how they look sitting on my kitchen counter.

Ice Cream

August 2010 008

This is what I’m currently enjoying…vanilla ice cream with a generous helping of that hard candy Reese’s syrup on top. Mmm…

And the funny thing is, I don’t really even usually like ice cream – but I’ve craved it with both pregnancies.

Trying New Recipes

August 2010 006

On the menu this week:

*Sesame Pepper Flank Steak with Monterey Ranch Bread and Grilled Squash

*Bbq Pork Sandwiches and Baked Beans

*Chicken, Apple, and Smoked Gouda Salad

*Cheesecake Brownies

All recipes I’ve never tried before – I might even share them with you if they turn out well :)

And last week we tried these:

Zesty Chicken Burritos with Cilantro Sour Cream

along with that blueberry pie pictured above – both super yummy.

So…what are your latest obsessions?

7 comments:

peter marie said...

Uuummmmm...I totally just finished off my mint chip ice cream before I read this. (I didn't even bother with a bowl!!)
All those meals sound delicious. Looking forward to the recipes! Especially the chicken, apple, gouda one. YUM!

Cute containers too!

Michelle said...

isn't it funny what we crave when we are preggo ;)

i love little clear glass jars too! i have a couple small ones sitting behind my stove that i have no idea what i am gonna put in them.

Unknown said...

Yep. Ice cream. Can't get enough of it.

And, I'm always, always trying new recipes. Yours look yummy.

beccarankin said...

I craved McDonalds ice cream cones with Gabi. That and Pepsi. :-)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

YUM! This post makes me want to cook and eat!
I can't seem to get enough of any sort of melon lately! No babies on the way here, but those melons are calling my name!!!

Kelly said...

Pretty much fruit (love cantaloupe!), dark chocolate, and peanut butter. Oh the pregnancy cravings! :)

H-Mama said...

At this moment, I am obsessed with your blueberry pie. Bet that would be good with a helping of ice cream. ;)

 
Images by Freepik