Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Aug 17, 2010

Things I Love That Other People Don’t Get

My friend Kaley did a blog post the other day that I thought was kind of fun so I’m stealing it from her. Thanks Kaley :)

Things I Love That Other People Don’t Get

  1. Grape Nuts
  2. The Bachelor/Bachelorette
  3. Cleaning my house
  4. Organizing
  5. Regis and Kelly
  6. Country music
  7. Vacuuming
  8. Clipping coupons
  9. Ice water with lemon
  10. Mini vans {Yup. I’m a convert}
  11. Blogging
  12. Shopping at thrift stores
  13. Talk radio
  14. Secretarial “stuff” {typing, filing, answering phones, spreadsheets}
  15. Amish fiction
  16. Babywise
  17. Vanilla Coke
  18. Making lists
  19. Going to bed early
  20. Sharp cheddar

***********************

And then just for fun, here’s the reverse:

**Disclaimer: I’m not saying these things are bad or wrong – in fact, some of these I wish I liked more –they’re just things I’m not particularly into**

Things Other People Love That I Don’t Get

  1. Sushi
  2. Twitter
  3. Texting
  4. Running
  5. {Most} Modern Art
  6. The Real Housewives of __________ {fill in the blank}
  7. Lady GaGa {Lady GAG-ga}
  8. Crocs
  9. The Twilight series
  10. Mushrooms
  11. Talking on the phone
  12. Scary movies
  13. Black coffee
  14. Detailed skin care regimens
  15. Rompers {on anyone over the age of 5}
  16. Gladiator sandals
  17. Home births
  18. CSI: Miami
  19. Picking out paint colors
  20. Expensive makeup

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! And I don't know what it is exactly, but isn't it so fun making these lists? haha - maybe that's something "we love but other people don't get!" hahaha.

You lady Gag-ga made me laugh!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Ooh this was fun :)
I'm definitely with you on a few of these....but I hate Sharp Cheddar, the Bachelor, and organizing {not organization...organizing}
I also enjoy the idea of a home birth, although I haven't the guts to try, and I think.....if you had skin like me, and not beautiful skin like you....you would appreciate a detailed skin care regimen :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Haha!! loved this so much. Your honesty is awesome. And I can relate with alot of it. ;)

beccarankin said...

You made me crave a bowl of Grape Nuts! Haven't had one in years, but LOVE them.

une autre mère said...

Grape Nuts?! What?! I didn't know people really ate those. :) But I do agree with organizing! Although I'm pretty sure you couldn't tell from my house today...

H-Mama said...

Hey, don't make fun of my rompers! Ha! Kidding. Maybe. ;)

This was a fun list, and I can relate to most of it. I may have to 'borrow' this idea. :)

Alicia Lenoir said...

Thanks for the list, I found out we have more things in common,like organizing, making list, secretarial stuff, clipping coupons, and reading. Also I am glad you put the twilight series in your dislike pile, I am not a fan of that either.

Unknown said...

Totally agree on the home birth thing... but Grapenuts! Gross!

Jamie said...

Fun post! I'm with you on the list making, ice water with lemon, and Grapenuts too!

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the "I Don't Get It" list for everything but 19. We have a lot in common! :)

Mandi said...

buhahaha! Well missie I have a bag of Grape nuts for you here in my cupboard! I thought they were like granola... and found out the hard way {and one massive bowl too much}that they are not.

Michelle said...

haha! love your lists! and lady GAG-ga right there with you!!

 
Images by Freepik