When I told my Dad a couple of weeks ago that I was working on Lily’s Halloween costume he asked, “Why on earth are you thinking about Halloween in August?”
Good question.
The thing is, I’m going to be doing these little things called Giving Birth and Caring For a Newborn come October and I don’t really think I’ll have the time or energy to come up with a costume for Lily to wear then.
And besides, I’ve known what she was going to be this year since I happened upon this post at Trey and Lucy LAST year.
A ladybug. More specifically, a ladybug in a tutu with fairy wings.
I was pretty sure that it was going to be an easy project and you know what? For once, I was right!
I’m not going to do a whole tutorial here because you can just visit this link here to see how it’s done. But here’s the finished product:
The only sewing you have to do is when you put the ends of the elastic together. Then it’s just a matter of cutting and tying the tulle.
SERIOUSLY. So easy. It would’ve probably only taken me an hour but I ran out of tulle.
The fairy wings I got from a friend, who I believe had found them at the Dollar Store. They were orange so I just spray painted them red. Then I cut out some black felt circles, got some ribbon, and hot glued them on there. We’ve got a black shirt and some black tights that she’ll wear and voila! A little ladybug.
I could’ve spent as much as $50.00 to buy something similar online, but instead this whole project cost somewhere between $10-$15.
And it was so easy, I decided to make one for the baby too. We had this pumpkin onesie from Lily’s first Halloween
So I’m making a little tutu to match:
Now the trick will be to actually get Lily to wear the costume. I thought she would be super excited but I think she’s a little afraid of it. I guess she hasn’t really gotten to the “dress up” stage yet.
Anyway. So now you know where to go if you want to make your own tutu! And I’m telling you – if I can do it, so can you!



9 comments:
Amy!
Those are so adorable! Great work. Now I am just wondering if I can find a way to get my little boy into a tutu like that?!?! LOL
Hope your pregnancy is going well......I have been thinking of you as we get closer and closer.....
So, so cute! I wish I had a little girl so I could do this.
You'll have to look at my blog for Lexi's flower girl dress... it looks just like that only it's a whole dress not just the tutu! I think we are going to find some wings to go with it and make it her Halloween costume- I mean you pay that much for a dress might as well get your money's worth!
Love your costume though! Soo cute! Can't wait to see it on Lily!!
OH SO CUTE!!! These are so cute it's a good thing I have one girl or my boys would have been sportin' these out trick or treating! :)
That is such a cute little costume. Both of them!! Can't wait for news of the new baby girl!
So so cute! I wish those girls would be trick or treating at my door... :)
I tried to comment when you first posted, but google or blogger {who knows} wouldn't let me.
Those are a.dor.a.ble. Can't wait to see pix of your girl{s} wearing them.
It funny when you start saying girls... plural. :)
Amy that is ADORABLE! We did the same for Butter on her first Halloween. We put her in a size up fuzzy footed Pajamas and I made a tulle skirt, found some wings and made a pretty ribbon crown. But I have to say that Labybug costume goes above and beyond CUTE! Do share pics please!!!!
Okay, so how in the world did I miss this post? I'm such an avid follower, I didn't think it was possible, and this is even the one I had asked to see! Anyways, AWESOME job on the costume! I absolutely love it and know Lily will look totally FAB in it! :)
Post a Comment