Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Sep 20, 2010

It’s Almost Time…

Just a quick update – I went for my scheduled OB appointment this morning and they did another ultrasound to recheck my fluid levels.

Turns out, my levels have decreased so they are going to induce labor. Here comes baby!

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!

I know, I know. That’s how rumors get started. But I couldn’t resist :) Did you believe me, even for a second? :)

I did have my appointment, they did do an ultrasound, and my fluid levels did decrease – but only a tiny bit, not enough for them to be seriously concerned. The doctor said they will continue to monitor the fluid with each appointment (meaning more ultrasounds and non-stress tests) but she was confident that I was not leaking fluid and there was no need to be concerned as long as things continue to progress normally: i.e. the baby keeps moving and I don’t notice any leakage.

She also told me that this was probably going to be a “small baby”. I believe I remember hearing them say the exact same thing about Lily – in fact, one of my doctors confidently proclaimed that there was no way she was going to weigh more than 7 pounds. She was 8 lbs. 3 oz. So we will see.

I’m dilated to a 1.5 and 50% effaced – really, I’m hoping the baby holds off coming until after Lily’s birthday (on Wednesday!) and her party (on Saturday!). I’d hate for her special day to be upstaged by the new baby’s birth. But, all in God’s timing!

My mom reminded me that she was a week early with her second baby, but I’m mentally preparing myself to go past my due date. It’s just easier not to get my hopes up :)

Anyway. That’s enough unnecessary details about my pregnancy for today. I’m sure you’re all ready for me to have this baby so I can talk about something else for Pete’s sake!

Happy Monday!

8 comments:

beccarankin said...

I love the details. Thanks for sharing. By the way, you looked really cute on Sunday.

H-Mama said...

Your sweet girl will enjoy reading the details years from now. :)

I had to be induced 2 days in a row with Gracie, so it's possible your lil' cupcake could hold off. Just maybe. Crossing fingers for you!!

Unknown said...

I had that same test for two weeks for my last one. Needless to say ... my original due date was Sept. 16th and she was born Oct. 6th. Man, were they off.

Excited for you!

une autre mère said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait to read the post that gives all the details on your new baby! And I know what you mean about not wanting the new baby's birth to upstage your daughter's birthday... Tate was born 2 days before Millie's birthday, so her actual birthday was our coming home day. Poor girl. But she thought we were bringing a baby home just for her on her big day! :)

This Heavenly Life said...

Now be reasonable -- once the baby's born, there's no WAY you're going to be talking about anything else! And that's just the way we like it :)

But man, you had me goin' there!

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

Love hearing all the details!! :) I was 1.5 and 60% last night, so very close! Have fun with Lily's birthday this week and enjoy! :)

Sara@iSass said...

Ah yes I do remember the low fluid and "small babe" appointment. They were wrong with me too! 8lb 13 oz. HA! Good luck!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

praying for your family!!! So exciting.

 
Images by Freepik