…that I’ve made the past couple of days.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – I made a double batch for our small group last night and now I’m questioning the wisdom of that decision because the leftovers have been staring me in the face all morning long and I JUST DON’T THINK I HAVE THE SELF CONTROL TO IGNORE THEM ANYMORE!
Seriously, if you’ve never made them before just get yourself to the grocery store and pick up some pumpkin and chocolate chips because they are sooo yummy and perfectly fall-ish.
And it’s the first day of fall. What better excuse do you need?
- An easy, cheap fall wreath – I got the idea from The Nester, who made a version of the one Martha Stewart made. And mine is kind of a hybrid of both of theirs.
We actually had some extra dried cornhusks laying around {long story -- Dave made a recipe that called for them} and since that only happens, like, uh, NEVER, I thought I should take advantage of it.
I couldn’t believe how easy it was. Here’s basically a rundown of what I did, since it’s slightly different than what Martha and The Nester did:
- used a 12 inch straw wreath form {didn’t even take it out of the wrapping}
- took dried cornhusks, soaked them for 10 minutes then tore them into roughly 2 inch strips {as per Martha’s instructions}
- folded them in half and hot glued the ends together, then hot glued them to the edge of the wreath {a la The Nester}
- I did them in overlapping rows of four
- Total Cost: $2.99 for the wreath form at Michael’s, $3.86 for a package of cornhusks at Wal-Mart {and it only took about 1/4 of a package}
- Total Time: About an hour
Mine’s not quite as neat as Martha’s but I like it.
Anyone else make anything interesting lately?



3 comments:
Oh Amy! I made those cookies two about a week ago, the only one who didn't like them was my husband. He thought they were Chocolate chip...both the kids were like "Mmmmm these are SO good Mom." and he comes in eats one and says "Blech! What ARE these?"
I said "They are Pumpkin Chocolate chip cookies. They are SO good."
"No their NOT!" He says throwing it in the garbage, Well, Butter of course had to follow, She says after eating half of it "Um, I don't like these anymore." So my son and I ate the rest. I LOVED them.
Yum. Those cookies look scrumdiddilyumptious! And that wreath - AMAZING! I can't wait to get out and get me some cornhusks!! I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday looking for a great fall wreath, and even at half off they were all ridiculously expensive! So this was a much needed tip! THANKS!!!
I wish I still had energy to do something crafty. The cookies look delicious and I love pumpkin! And the wreath looks awesome!
Post a Comment