Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Sep 24, 2010

Photo Booth Friday: Perhaps She Should Be a Princess for Halloween Instead of a Ladybug?

As I mentioned, Lily’s birthday was on Wednesday. We’re having a party with family on Saturday, so the day itself was fairly low key.

Apart from a trip to the park {where we nearly got rained on} and a cookie for a snack {a rare treat}, we really didn’t do much else out of the ordinary.

But then. THEN.

Daddy came home.

And he had a present. One he had picked out all on his own for his special little girl’s big day. Wrapped in princess paper….

September 2010 004

…with a package of chapstick on top….

September 2010 006 …and her very own princess dress-up set on the inside…

September 2010 007

I don’t even want to talk about what a big girl she looks like in this picture.

The gift was a huge hit and she’s hardly stopped playing with it since. Even her stuffed animals are getting in on the fun…

September 2010 008 

By the way, in case you are wondering, if you are dressing up a puppy in a princess outfit, the shoes must be on the back feet, not the front. Lily was quite insistent about that.

And I’m probably not supposed to tell you this…but she even got Daddy to put her princess stuff on, which Lily got a huge kick out of…oh the things a daddy will do for his little girl :) (Sorry, no pictures of that one ;)

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

6 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

and Katie's heart goes "Covet, covet, covet your little baby girls " .... :) Very sweet. Hope he's got another present ready for his little princess when she becomes a big sister :) And a sweet present for the princesses mommy....the queen ;) Have fun partying this weekend!
{Go Hawks!}

beccarankin said...

I love it! What a good daddy. Dustin has had princess things on several times. It melts my heart what a daddy will do for his little princesses. Thanks for sharing that, and I'll remember the tip about the shoes going on the back. :-)

Anonymous said...

Maybe Dave can wear the princess outfit when you take Lily trick or treating!:)

une autre mère said...

And now begins the princess obsession...

She makes a beautiful little princess! Ya think she's got that daddy of hers wrapped around her little finger yet? ;)

Kathi said...

Too cute!!!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

She looks all ready to be a big sister! What a sweetie!
I'm catching up today...yummy cookies, beautiful wreath, and yes, pass the tissues for the birth story! :)

 
Images by Freepik