Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Oct 29, 2010

Friday Faves

I had a post all typed up and ready to go for today I just needed to add pictures, then I realized I have no idea where that little cord thingy is that connects our camera to our computer. No cord = no pictures. Boo :(

So instead, here’s a random list of some of my new favorite things lately:

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate

I’m trying not to drink much caffeine since it seems to bother little Miss Sophia when I do so I tried this at Starbucks the other day and ohmygoodness.  So yummy! I think I even prefer it to the Pumpkin Spice *gasp!* I’ve decided I must try to replicate this at home. Anyone know of any good copycat recipes they’d like to share with me?

Extra Mint Chocolate Chip Gum

ExtraIt’s like chewing a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Need I say more?

The Nate Berkus Show

I’ve actually only watched this once, but I thought it was really fun. I especially loved this clip where he shows some inexpensive ways to decorate your walls. The ladder as a bookshelf? Genius!






Ballard Designs

I just got my new Christmas catalog and they have so many fun things:

Personalized Ballard Christmas Stockings

I looove these stockings – and those adorable present stocking holders! We do actually need some stockings…but I’m not paying $25 a piece for them! Maybe I could try to make some like it?

And seriously how cute are these pillows?

Holiday Patchwork Pillow

But they cost $75 each…um…they’re not that cute.

That’s why I just use their catalog as inspiration. But it really got me excited about decorating for Christmas!

So what are some of your favorite things lately?

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Congratulations on the new beautiful baby...since I didn't get a chance to tell you yet. And I absolutely love what you did with your blog today..great job!! I think I just fell in love with Nate Berkus! :) thanks for sharing and be blessed!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I love your favorite things! Wow, so many things I need to try and do now!

Hope you're having fun with your new sweet baby girl!

peter marie said...

I'm really looking forward to getting out my Christmas decorations too!
You could totally make stockings very similar to those and much cheaper. That'd be a fun project!

Hope it's going well with your new (beautiful) little sweetie!

H-Mama said...

Hmmm... I think I'll just use your list. Fun stuff!

 
Images by Freepik