Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Nov 2, 2010

The Obligatory Halloween Post

I know everyone is probably tired of seeing pictures of other people’s kids dressed up for Halloween, but…I’m a mom. I can’t resist sharing some of my own.

Remember how I wasn’t sure if we would be able to get Lily to wear her costume?

Well, as it turns out the promise of candy in return for dressing up provided the perfect incentive.

October 2010 042

And yes. She was already missing one hair bow before we had even left the house. The pigtails only lasted all of 10 minutes before she pulled them out completely. Ah, well! Cute while it lasted! October 2010 044

(Please try to avert your eyes from that basket full of laundry sitting by the door. I have a newborn, remember? At least it was clean :) October 2010 046I think she looked even cuter in person than she does in the pictures. But I’m her mom. I guess I’m biased :)

Sophia got in on the fun too.

October 2010 037

She wasn’t too crazy about it at first.October 2010 039

But I think she got over it.  October 2010 041 

We had coached Lily on the basics of trick or treating beforehand.

Dave: “Ok Lily, we’re going to go to the door and when they open it you say ‘Trick or Treat’ and then they’ll give you some candy! Ok? So tell us what you say when they open the door!

Lily: “CANDY!!!”

Well, ok. I guess that will work too.

So now that Halloween is over, I’m giving myself permission to start getting excited about Christmas! And loosening my belt in anticipation of Thanksgiving. On second thought, maybe I’ll just wear my maternity pants. Or a pair of these?

7 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Oh my! Such cuteness! I love the tu-tus.
And Sohpia is looking BIG already!

Lisa said...

I love your adorable gals and their cute tutus! Nice work, crafty mama!

mommy baum said...

so cute!

une autre mère said...

Love those tutus! Seriously, you should go into business.. I just might buy one from you! Or two! And of course, your girls look absolutely darling!

When it comes to Thanksgiving and a post-baby tummy (which I'm sure YOU don't have, but I do!), always choose the gluttony pants. ;)

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

Such serious sweetness!! :) Love the pics!!

Tammy said...

You can't get much cuter than that!

H-Mama said...

Oh my lands... Simply precious!

 
Images by Freepik