I know some of you are just itching to hear all the details of my labor and delivery and I promise I’ll get around to writing it out one of these days. But for now, here’s what’s been going on around here the past few days, in bullet points :)
- I hate to even say this because I’m afraid to jinx it but…so far Sophia is an awesome baby. Great eater. Great sleeper. I don’t mind the middle of the night feedings as much when they aren’t also accompanied by Random Bouts of Crying For No Apparent Reason. I’m just praying it continues – she is, after all, only 5 days old :)
- Lily is adjusting to her role as big sister unbelievably well. She’s always been a
hugelittle bit of a mama’s girl and would have serious meltdowns when I held other babies, so I expected things to be a little bit rough for the first few weeks. But honestly, so far she’s seem to accept “Baby Soh-PEE-uh” coming home as just a completely normal thing. We’ve had a few jealous moments and I’m sure there will be more to come, especially once Daddy goes back to work and isn’t there to give her attention when Mommy can’t, but on the whole, it’s been so much better than I expected! - We’ve been having fun comparing Lily and Sophia’s baby pictures :) There are definite similarities and definite differences. I think they have the same eyes, mouth, and face shape but different noses.
Lily on the left, Sophia on the right
I love the faces they are both making in these ones – plus Lily’s hat looks hilarious, makes me laugh every time :)
- Tomorrow Dave goes back to work…really wishing we could delay that a little longer but I knew it was coming sometime :) Thankfully my mom is just a phone call away and is ready to come help when I need her!
That’s all for now!



8 comments:
Beautiful! love the pic of Lily holding Sophia! These are always my favorite pics with new siblings! Good luck this week! Can't wait to hear the story!
Beautiful! I love the look on Lily's face while she is holding Sophia :) They both look a lot alike in those pictures......it will be fun to watch her personality unfold! I will be praying with you that she remains an easy-going little girl!
Wow! I think they look a lot alike! They're both so beautiful! I'm so glad she's been a good baby for you. Hopefully she'll continue to be. I'll be praying for you this week as Dave goes back to work!
Oh my GOODNESS they look so much alike! I'm glad Lily is adjusting well, and I hope you guys have a good week!
I've obviously looked and done a little comparison....and maybe its the whole forgetfulness thing, but it's amazing how you can't tell the size difference between the two. Sophia is so TINY in person...but looks average in pics...
..Hayden still beams when we talk about Sophia. I'm telling you this is not good for potential baby fevers.
Congrats to you on your precious baby girl!
Whoa!! To me, they look like the exact same baby!! SOO cute!
I have been thinking about you guys alot and I am so glad to hear that things are going smoothly! After my experience with a colicky baby (Jay) I had a really sweet content baby (Noe) and I remember saying, "I didn't know that they could be awake and not be crying! This is amazing!" ;)
She's beautiful! Congrats :) We are expecting a baby girl in Feb. and can't wait!
Post a Comment