Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Nov 3, 2010

Confessions and Cute Stuff

I must confess:

  • Since coming home from the hospital, Lily has been watching entirely too much TV. I think we’ve broken my “no TV before naptime rule” approximately 19 out of the 20 days we’ve been home. In my defense, there are few other methods that I have found to be as effective for keeping her occupied while I’m nursing Sophia. And when she’s not occupied…well, stuff like this happens: 
      November 2010 014

    Why not color all over the baby swing? At least she chose a coordinating color…

  • We had our first Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad night the other night. Sophia was fussy, awake, and hard to comfort – I think as a result of Mommy having too much caffeine. One or the other of us had to hold her all night. And I do mean ALL NIGHT. Dave and I were both exhausted and one of us may or may not have thrown a pacifier at the other one in our frustration. I’m not going to say who… 

    The good news is, it looks like it was just a fluke. Since then she’s been back to being a content, sleepy baby that only wakes up once during the night to eat.

  • I forgot how hungry br*eastfeeding makes you. Naturally, I’ve been making sure to get my extra calories in by eating lots of donuts and chocolate cake fruits and vegetables.

  • Dave has done a fabulous job of helping me out around the house and keeping things generally cleaned up but I am here to tell you that our bathroom has reached epic levels of extreme grody-ness. I’d show you pictures but…ew.

And now for some cute stuff:

This is a gift one of the super talented ladies in our small group made. Are these burp rags not adorable?

November 2010 005 November 2010 006

And then check this out – it’s a car seat cover.

November 2010 002

Heavier than a blanket so it doesn’t fly off in the wind, and it attaches to the handle with these cute little flowers.

November 2010 003

Plus if you flip it over, it’s fleece and you can use it as a blanket if you don’t have one when you’re out and about.

November 2010 004

Genius! And so much prettier than the other car seat cover we have.

And then there are these little booties our neighbor gave us: November 2010 011

And this dress from a church friend of ours:

November 2010 012

I’m so glad we’ve gotten a few new things for Sophia. As nice as it is to be able to use all of Lily’s clothes, a girl’s gotta have a few things to call her own, right?

That’s all.

Happy Wednesday!

8 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Ca-UTE! Love all the baby goodies from your small group girls :)
And don't feel badly about the crayon....today while I was changing Silas' diaper, Sharpie markers may or may not have been used to color on a window and it's casing....needless to say, it was not one of my finer moments. AGH!

Mindy said...

Only getting up once during the night to feed!? I'm jealous. :) And that carseat cover is super adorable! You'll have to figure out how to make one since you're so much craftier than me, so you can give it to me. :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

This post may have caused a little "oh-my-gosh-baby-girl-stuff-makes-me-melt" moment.

But I am over it and so back to my mommy of four boys life. :)

It is all SO cute Amy!

Jenn said...

I could have written the part about the terrible, horrible, very bad night, possibly throwing a pacifier? that's funny stuff. We all get a little crazy on a lack of sleep. Glad she is back to her content stuff. And that girl stuff sure is cute!

Anonymous said...

I am expecting a baby girl in Feb. and would love to have one of the car seat covers.. does your friend have a web site or blog I could check prices and designs? Too cute!

Kelly said...

Love all that cute stuff!! I had to laugh about the throwing of the pacifier! :) I'm hoping and praying our little guy is a good sleeper!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Oh, that girlie stuff is so cute!!! I'd say this baby girl is off to a pretty nice start in the sleeping world--just one rough night, good girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going well with the two little one. I LOVE that car seat cover--so cute AND practical

 
Images by Freepik