Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Nov 10, 2010

A Plethora of Pictures

I think I’ve hit the wall, figuratively speaking when it comes to sleep deprivation. The first couple of weeks I didn’t really feel that tired. But I can only take so many nights of interrupted sleep before it starts to affect me.

Case in point, I went to the grocery store this weekend to buy diapers, juice, and bread. I came back with a birthday present for my niece, batteries, and four packages of thank you notes. All things we needed, but unfortunately, I did not remember the diapers, the juice, or the bread.

On Sunday after I asked him to repeat the same question for like, the seventeenth time in a row, Dave said, “Man, you are really out of it, aren’t you?” Yes. Yes, I am. So if you’ve had a conversation with me in the past week or so and I’ve seemed a little off, now you know why.

Anyway, so I’m not going to type any more for fear that it won’t make sense and just post a few pictures instead.

The day we took Sophia home from the hospital – that outfit barely fits her now. Is it just me or does the second baby grow faster than the first one? Or maybe I’m just so much busier this time that I don’t notice all the little changes…

October 2010 004 October 2010 006 October 2010 017 

Lily doesn’t quite understand that Sophia doesn’t like playing with Legos and reading books as much as she does :) October 2010 025

But she loves “reading” to “Baby So-PEE-uh” anyway

October 2010 026

I love that face.October 2010 027And that cute little tushie.

October 2010 028 

Such a good big sis – always making sure Sophia has some form of entertainment…October 2010 029

…and a pacifier. Poor Sophia gets that pacifier shoved in her face whether she wants it or not. October 2010 032 

That’s all, ya’ll.

(Did I just say ya’ll? Sorry. It’s the sleep deprivation talking again.)

Have a good Wednesday!

8 comments:

mindy said...

yeah, i hit that wall too. good thing grandma offered to take hannah to MN for a few days. now for some sleep. :) hope you get to get some too soon!

peter marie said...

CUTE.

une autre mère said...

I love that pic of Sophia on her daddy's shoulder. Priceless. Hope you start getting more sleep soon!

The Haase's said...

I totally agree with you on the lack of sleep hitting you like a ton of bricks. I felt the same way you did at the beginning, then it was like WHAMO I am exhausted. I am excited for our new arrival in March, but not looking forward to no sleepy.

beccarankin said...

I do that at the store all the time, although I can't say I've ever forgotten everything I went for. :-) Thanks for the chuckle!

H-Mama said...

sleep deprivation is no joke. my hubs has been out of town = no sleep for mama. i finally sleep due to complete shutdown! hope you can catch up soon! these pictures are darlin', i tell you. dar.lin'!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

What a beautiful baby girl! Sleep deprivation is awful! Hoping you can get some sleep soon!

Kelly said...

LOVED all the pictures!! Your girls are adorable! :)

 
Images by Freepik