Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Nov 11, 2010

Thrifty Thursday

My friend Londa always posts a thrifty tip every Thursday and today I’m joining her with one of my own.

Thrifty Tip Numero Uno

Shop the Dollar Spot at Target

Ok…so this probably isn’t news to most of you, I know. But it never ceases to amaze me the things I’m able to find there.

Remember how I went to the grocery store the other day and came back without a single thing on my list?

Well, that was partly because of my sleep deprivation but also partly because I got totally distracted by the dollar section.

That gift I got for my niece, Mykaela?

Dollar section.

November 2010 009

Hello Kitty markers, stickers, and a coloring book, $1 each. I just tied the tulle around it to make it look fancy :)

And the thank you notes?

Dollar section.

November 2010 012

They always have a great selection of cute blank note cards and I stock up. Obviously these can be used for more than just thank you notes. I love having a selection of cards on hand to send a note of encouragement to a friend or just say hey!

Some past purchases have included this apron for Lily:

024 

and this glittery Christmas sign:

Christmas Decorations 029 

I’ve also gotten flash cards, snack containers, gift bags, decorative buckets, and so much more.

Anyone else love the dollar section as much as I do?

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I {heart} the dollar section!!!!! :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Ah, you're so sweet! Good finds! I totally love that dollar section! You are right--perfect for gifts, thank yous, educational things and just fun stuff!!! (I sort of turn into a giddy crazy lady when that section goes 50%-75% off!)

une autre mère said...

I soooo love it too! I especially love their Christmas wrapping paper. If you can find the kind with the shiny silver in it, that's the best - it's super thick and really pretty and quite a long roll! I think I may have bought all that was left in our store... sorry...

 
Images by Freepik