Well, hello there!
I sort of took an extended Thanksgiving break from blogging. No particular reason, really.
Our Thanksgiving included a trip to Michigan to visit family. We played games and laughed and shopped and ate like kings but I’ve got no pictures to show for it because our camera is broken.
Speaking of broken cameras, ours is damaged beyond repair so we’re in the market for a new one. It doesn’t need to be fancy, just a good quality point and shoot that takes clear pictures. I don’t know much about cameras. Any suggestions from those that do?
While we were in Michigan we went to the adorable little town of Frankenmuth. It’s a super touristy but very picturesque German “village”. If it had been warmer, I would have loved to stroll along all the little shops but it was FAH-REEZING so we just went to this place:

Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland -- I have never in my life seen so much Christmas stuff. Seriously. Insanity.
They offer free personalization on all their ornaments, so we picked up a special one just for Lily. It looks just like this one and says, “Lily 2010”

She loves it. So much so that she has a hard time not walking by the Christmas tree without yanking on it. If that tree doesn’t fall over before Christmas, it will be a miracle. A Christmas miracle!
Anyway.
Dave’s mom traveled back with us and is staying for 2 weeks. It’s like having a built in babysitter. I keep forgetting that I can actually leave the house! By myself! In the middle of the day! It’s awesome :)
I’ve been doing lots of Christmas decorating. I love pulling out all the stuff I got on clearance last year. It’s like a little early Christmas present to myself :) Like these giant candy ornaments I got 90% off at Target last year:
Fun, no?
For some reason it’s taking me forever to decorate this year, and by the time I’ve got it just right, it will probably be time to take it all down again. Oh well!
I’m also in the middle of like, a bajillion different projects. Three wreaths, some Christmas pillows, and hair bows. Hopefully I’ll be able to show you pictures.
If they turn out good.
And we buy a camera.
So in other words, don’t get your hopes up.
That’s all!



3 comments:
You're so dang cute. You just are. :)
Oh Frankenmuth! It's been a long time, but I do remember some great shopping there!
Those giant candies are adorable. I had a blast getting out all my Target 90% off purchases out this year too! Unfortunately, this year I'll be in a town without a Target (gasp!) during their awesome sale. :(
Can't wait to see your projects!! Oh, and we have a Panasonic Lumix (which Chad did tons of research on before buying. I love it and it takes good videos too!
love those giant candies! i always forget about the after christmas sells until i am out shopping weeks later and run across the basically free stuff that is leftover cause nobody wants it
Post a Comment