Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jan 5, 2011

Is It Too Late to Wish You a Merry Christmas?

I know it’s probably a little bit late to be doing a Christmas recap, but c’est la vie.

(I actually don’t know what that means, but it sounds right :)

Dave gave me a new camera for Christmas, but have no fear. You can continue to expect the same mediocre quality of pictures from me that you’ve come to know and love. I’m not a photographer. I’ve come to accept it.

And, as per usual, I was so busy enjoying the celebration that most of the time I completely forgot to take pictures anyway.

(This is where Dave slaps himself on the forehead and wonders why on earth he bought me a camera in the first place)

Anyway.

We had our own little celebration at home on Christmas morning, then headed to my parent’s house for brunch.

Here’s one of the only three pictures I have of Lily. Note how Dave’s arm is in focus but Lily’s face is blurry. I’m talented like that.

December 2010 212All the little boys got K-State jerseys and helmets. They were a big hit.

December 2010 218 

December 2010 220

Even Lily got in on the fun.

December 2010 225

Sophia had fun playing laying with her cousin Adyson – born just shy of one month apart.  Can you tell which is which? Their cousins couldn’t :)December 2010 223

I’m not sure what’s going on here but it must’ve been something interesting because I took a picture. December 2010 227

And that’s it.

New Year’s Resolution #1 – use my camera.

We really did have a wonderful Christmas, even if I don’t have the pictures to prove it. I had planned on doing a nice little Christmas post with our Christmas card and a poem that I love but didn’t get around to it then…so I’ll just do it now, even if it is a little late :)

Christmas Card

Let the stable still astonish;
Straw – dirt floor, dull eyes;
Dusty flanks of donkeys, oxen;
Crumbling, crooked walls;
No bed to carry that pain,
And then, the child,
Rag-wrapped, laid to cry
In a trough.
Who would have chosen this?

Who would have said: ‘Yes.
Let the God of all the heavens
And earth
Be born here, in this place’?
Who but the same God
Who stands in the darker, fouler rooms
of our hearts
and says, ‘Yes.
Let the God of Heaven and Earth
be born here --
in this place.’

Merry Christmas! Though the holiday rush is over, I pray that we will continue to praise Him for “choosing this” all throughout the New Year.

8 comments:

beccarankin said...

I love your christmas card! And it is never too late for a Christmas post! You crack me up! I feel the same way about my picture taking skills, and most of the time I forget to even bring the camera!

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

love your card also, your family is adorable!!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

LOVE your Christmas card! Such sweet pictures!
What a neat poem!

Kelly said...

Love your card! So glad ya'll had a great Christmas!!

Mandi said...

You crack me up!
1) jealous of the new camera... even if you aren't using it just yet!
2) LOVED your card! Thank you for including us! Ava has claimed it as her own.
3) It is never too late to say Merry Christmas!

Michelle said...

oh how sweet! i love your christmas card.

you'll get used to the camera. practice. practice. practice.

so glad y'all had a wonderful Christmas

mommy baum said...

Beautiful Christmas card! ;) Congrats on the new camera (I got one for Christmas too.....), and good luck using it!

I love reading your posts.....you are so insightful. Thanks for sharing your heart. I especially enjoyed your thoughts on New Year's resolutions. :)

une autre mère said...

Love the card and the poem! So perfect, even if I am reading this near the middle of January. Glad you had a good Christmas!

 
Images by Freepik