While many bloggers are doing recaps of their favorite blog posts from their own blog last year, I’ve decided to add a little twist. I’ve compiled ten of my favorite blog posts from other blogs this past year.
I read a lot of blogs. A lotta lot. And this is by no means an extensive list of all the good content I read last year. These just happen to be a few that have stuck with me. They’re all worth reading. Enjoy :)
In no particular order…
Amy’s Top Ten Favorite Blog Posts of 2010
- My Ideal by Sarah @ Life in the Parsonage – One of the reasons I love Sarah. She has split personalities, just like me ;)
- What If There Is A Higher Purpose to this Thing Called “Marriage”? by Wendi @ Everyday Miracles – If you are, were, or will ever be married, READ THIS. So good. I could probably stand to read it daily.
”When I take my eyes off from myself, and minister to the needs of the one whom I have promised my life to, my real needs are met so much more efficiently and completely than when I run past compassion and encouragement and grasp at my "rights", what I "deserve", and want.”
- Missional Mothering – by Jani Ortlund on The Resurgence – love, love LOVE this one.
Don’t feel guilty over making your children your primary ministry investment in their early years. Your availability, sensitivity, affection, and unhurried attention are irreplaceable.There are no neutral moments in a young child’s life. Someone is going to be influencing your children, inculcating values and imprinting standards on their impressionable young minds. Let it be you!
- Why Require Unregenerate Children to Act Like They’re Good? by John Piper @ Desiring God (not actually written in 2010 but I read it in 2010 so I’m including it anyway :)
- Sing a More Beautiful Song by Sally Clarkson on I Take Joy
And just for fun, I’m also including a list of the top 11 blogs you should read in 2011. Really, I think any of the blogs on my blogroll are worth a look – but this is a mix of a few of my favorites. Some cooking, some crafty, some just all around a good time.
Again, in no particular order…
Amy’s Top 11 Blogs to Check out in 20110
- Peter Marie – Abby is the creative, crafty person I wish I was. And the kind of fun mom I’m sure my daughters wish I was :) She’s always doing cool projects with her kids, making awesome decorations from her home out of virtually nothing, and creating amazing art. Best of all, she’s real and honest and totally unpretentious and I just love reading what she writes. And I totally think she should open up an Etsy shop (hint, hint Abby ;)
- Bakerella – I’m certainly not the first to discover her, but if you’ve never checked her out, go forth and be amazed. I am going to attempt to make these treats for Valentine’s day, and they are not going to look that pretty and I am going to cry about what a failed baker I am. But I digress.
- i am mommy – not only is Amanda author of the best sugar cookie recipe ever, she’s also amazingly sweet, funny, and real. My top three favorite qualities in a blogger. And she’s also a great baker. I live vicariously through her.
- Newlywoodwards – Kim and her husband Ryan have a love for renovating old crappy houses and turning them into something uniquely beautiful. I used to want to fix up old houses too, until I started reading her blog and saw how much work it is. Now I just sit on my tush at my computer and read about them doing it. It works :) Plus Kim always has stellar DIY projects and yummy recipes to try.
- Young House Love – more DIY home renovate-rs. Home of the world’s greatest furniture painting tutorial. And lots of other good stuff.
- One Pretty Thing – this site does a round up of the best DIY project on the Internet every day. If you visit, I promise you’ll find more than one project to add to your list. So many good ideas, so little time!
- Stringer’s Mama’s News – Ann is an old college friend of mine and is always amazing me with her creativity and thriftiness. Check out this dollhouse she made for her daughter out of a bookcase and literally scraps of stuff she had around her house. A.MAZ.ING.
- Money Saving Mom – I know, I know. Who HASN’T heard of her? But she remains one of my favorite blogs so I’m including her here.
- Mars Hill Blog – the blog that belongs to Mars Hill Church in Seattle, pastored by the oft controversial Mark Driscoll. Think what you like about him, but there is some excellent content on his blog.
- Everyday Miracles – if I had to choose just one word to describe Wendi, it would be gentle. She writes about the ordinary in an incredibly insightful way. I always leave feeling refreshed and encouraged, and I’ll bet you will too.
So, now you’ve got plenty of reading/browsing material for the New Year.
I’m off to start deep cleaning my house.
Or maybe I’ll just read about it on the Internet. Yeah. That sounds like more fun ;)



6 comments:
Ooooh lots of good reading stuff... Looks like I have some exploring to do!
Thanks for putting these on here! I've already checked out a few and love them! I'm so glad you put Peter Marie's on here too. She is one crafty mama!
Aww thanks for the bloggy love! I have to say I was surprised to see my blog up there! Thanks for the list - definitely going to have to check out some of these!
You're too sweet! Thanks for the mention...really, I'm not that great, but thanks! :)
(I love your blog too.)
And how did I NOT know that there is a blog dedicated to Dollar Tree projects??!?!! Wa-Hoo!
Abby
Thanks so much for sharing, I'll have to check them out!
SO excited to check out some of these DYI sites!
And really - you are so sweet. :)
Post a Comment