Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jan 26, 2011

Lately…

Hello, friends!

I’ve been a little AWOL on ye old blog lately. I can’t really put my finger on why. I mean, we’ve been busy lately but…when are we not? And it’s not that I don’t have things to say. I’ve composed hundreds of blog posts in my head, but every time I sit down to type it just ffffftttt…fizzles out.

So, let’s see…let me try to catch you up to speed…

  • I’ve been getting up at 5:30 (yes, a.m.) every morning to exercise for the past two weeks. It’s going very well and I have surprisingly more energy during the day than you might imagine. Funny how that works…expend energy to get more energy. Doesn’t make much sense to me, but that’s how it goes.

  • We’re getting back into our post-holiday groove here. I enjoy the hustle and bustle but I think I like the normalcy even more. I love a good routine.

  • Speaking of routines…Dave and I have a new evening one. Every night after we put the girls to bed, we each go to separate areas of the house to spend time alone with the Lord. Then we come together and pray together as a couple. It has been…
    WONDERFUL

    REFRESHING

    ENCOURAGING

    We’ve tried in the past to make it a habit to pray together but with no real set plan in place, it was always random and never regular.  This time together has become so precious to me and so much better than doing all the other things we used to do in the evenings.

  • This little girl is growing like crazy:
    January 2011 167

Though I do miss some of her snuggly newborn baby-ness, I’m embracing every new season in her life. It’s so much fun to watch her grow, I’m not going to waste the present by holding onto the past.

But seriously, let’s just have a moment of silence for the passing of the “sleeping on mommy’s chest with your butt in the air” phase. It was delightful while it lasted :)

  • This little girl keeps me laughing with her silly antics and adorable chatter. Seriously…the stuff she comes up with…
    January 2011 154

The other day she informed me that her favorite number is “forty” her favorite color is “red…with some pink…” and her favorite shape is “soccer ball”. Huh. Might have to work on that last one :)

She also tells me daily…sometimes multiple times a day…that she has "shix dollars” that she is going to use to buy some pizza. For supper. Is my cooking that bad? ;)

  • I ordered some fabric to make some curtains and pillow covers for the living room. Long overdue. And I’m painting a tree in Lily’s room. Stay tuned for more details. Like, maybe in August or something :)

    That’s all for now. Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

WHAT?!! Who put pictures of grown up girls on your blog?? ;) Crazy. That baby girl has g r o w n so much!!

I want to paint a tree in my boys' room too!!

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

I have been trying to convince myself to get up at 630 every morning, when my husband leaves for work, to workout also....But since my son refuses to go to sleep any earlier than 12 or 1, sleeping in keeps winning!
Good for you to not be lazy like me! ;)

Kylie said...

Hey there! I'm new to your blog - what CUTE little girls. I've enjoyed reading about some of your Get to Know Me posts and am adding you to my G Reader :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad to know that I am not the only one who writes posts in my head. :)

Sophia is getting so big! Wow she looks like she was blessed with some long legs.

I love what you and Dave are doing each night. That is wonderful!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Oh Marinewife...I hear ya! There's no way I could get up at 5:30 if Sophia wasn't sleeping through the night!

 
Images by Freepik