Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Feb 8, 2011

Don’t Eat the Play-Doh

I think I have uttered those words approximately 862 times in the past few months.

I say it every time we get out the Play Doh. And every time, without fail I turn around to see…Play Doh in her mouth.

The other day I said, “Lily, Mommy told you not to eat the Play Doh, didn’t she?”

“Yeah. Don’t eat da’ Pway-Doh, Mommy. Just put it in your mouth.”

Ah, technicalities.

So I clarified, “No, we don’t eat Play Doh and we don’t put it in our mouth. That’s ucky.”

“Ok, Mommy.”

And a few minutes later, I turn to find…

January 2011 020

It appears I need to make my instructions very, very specific next time.

We don’t put Play Doh in our mouth. Or our ears. Or our nose. Or…anywhere else…

She’s already learned how to work the system. Heaven, help me…

15 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Duh, Mom...I can't Hear you, that's why I can't obey you ;)

I haven't come within 100 feet of playdoh yet....I think you understand why ;)

Mandi said...

Bahahahahaha! Oh man. Laughing out loud. Seriously...when did we get so dumb?! ;)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Nice to know that four little boys with big blue eyes who hang around my place aren't the only ones who must have every optional curiosity induced crazy action checked off the "do-not-do" list. ;)

Ahhhh... we sure do have our work cut out for us!!

Mindy said...

Ha! We haven't tried play-dough either, for these exact reasons. We went through this with crayons...don't eat them, bite them, stick them in your ears, nose, etc. :) Hannah still comes to me sometimes with crayon shavings on her tongue that she somehow scrapes off with her teeth and then wants me to pick them off of her tongue because she doesn't like the taste. :) Ah, these crazy kids!

Anonymous said...

Ha! That made me laugh! Gotta love their creative, sinful little minds :)

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

I am a mean mommmy....my children will not know what playdoh is for as long as I can control it! ;)

Stacy said...

Haha! I love it :)

Amanda @ Gods Highest Calling said...

Awww this really made me laugh!!

This Heavenly Life said...

Heh :) So funny, so funny! But I commend you for letting her play with it anyway -- she'll learn, maybe the hard way, but she'll learn :)

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Hahaha! Oh that is great!

une autre mère said...

Oh no! That is HILARIOUS! Looks like you've got a smarty-pants on your hands. Very clever, I'd say. ;)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Oh no! Kudos to you for letting her know what playdough is before the ripe age of...four. My poor children. The kindergarten teacher told me I had to loosen up and let Cloe practice with scissors and trust that she really wouldn't cut her hair. It's hard being "that" mom.

Unknown said...

That's pretty funny! I bet that's not easy to get out of an ear! :) Ethan has some worse play-doh stories, having three older brothers.

Anonymous said...

What a smart little girl she is! God has definitely gifted her attention to detail. :)

Sarah beth said...

Aww!!! I have never seen playdough in the ear but I remember those times when my children would take a taste! :}

If I could just get it out of my carpet, then I would be happy! lol

{Sarah beth}

 
Images by Freepik