Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jun 29, 2011

File This Under “Messes I Wish I Didn’t Have to Clean Up”

Two messes, all in the space of the past 24 hours:

1. Yesterday while cleaning up the lunch dishes, Lily ran up to me to tell me that her shirt was dirty, and I had my own “is that poop or chocolate?” moment, a la Baby Mama

Don’t worry. I didn’t taste it. And it’s a good thing I didn’t. I will spare you the details on how it got there. Let’s just say potty training can not be over quickly enough.

and

2. Did you know that it’s not a good idea to leave an almost full, extra large, container of liquid laundy detergent on top of your washing machine without the cap on? Because…hypothetically speaking, you could accidentally put too many towels in the wash at once?

And…hypothetically speaking…your washing machine could become unbalanced and start shaking?

And…still speaking hypothetically, said laundry detergent could fall off of the washing machine and dump itself out all over the floor?

And, listen, I realize this is something of a first world problem, but…seriously…whattamess.

Even after wiping and scrubbing and rinsing and wiping and scrubbing and rinsing approximately 58 bajillion times, there is still a slightly sticky film of detergent on the laundry room floor. I have no idea how many years it will take for that to wear off. At least it smells nice.

And on the plus side, I won’t have to use any laundry detergent to wash our beach towels for the rest of the summer since they mopped up somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 loads worth of laundry detergent. Just add water, suds will follow.

6 comments:

Ann@StringerMama said...

Oh my - MEMORIES!!!! Only mine was handsoap my darlings decided to pour ALL over my bathroom! I took the towels outside and sprayed them down with a hose - much better than WASHING them!! :0)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Oh! Ann, that's a great idea-why didn't I think of that?

Becky said...

Watch out the next time you take those towels to the pool ~ you're going to fill the pool with bubbles!! :)

H-Mama said...

oh my lands. the joys of motherhood. at least it gives us great stories to tell, yes? ;)

Kelly said...

Bless your heart!!!!

Jenn said...

the brightside- Amy you make me laugh.
Also along the potty training lines, it may be wise to fill them in on wiping after their business and not immediatly sitting on the floor to put their clothes back on, not that that has ever happened here :o)

 
Images by Freepik