Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jun 27, 2011

In Which I Share Some Random Thoughts

Hello and happy Monday to you!

Hope you all had fabulous weekends! Ours mostly involved…rain. Lots and lots of rain. It really shouldn’t have surprised me. A friend and I had decided to have a garage sale and every time I am involved in a garage sale in any way shape or form, it is either a)rainy or b)cold.

This weekend it was a combination of the two. Never mind the fact that it is nearly the end of June. That’s just my Garage Sale Curse coming through.

And why did we have a garage sale, you ask?

Because of this:2011-05-25 08.04.29

I know.

In my defense, this picture was taken the day we found the water in our basement.

Did I mention that we had water in our basement? And that this all happened right smack dab in the middle of my massive Declutter/Reorganize The Basement project? So instead of all our things residing neatly in totes on shelves it was spread out in piles ALL OVER THE BASEMENT?

A garage sale pile, a Goodwill pile, a trash pile, a why-in-the-world-was-I-keeping-this pile…which all got shoved together into one big hive inducing disorganized jumble when we found the water and had to start pulling up the carpet…yes.

Good times.

But it all worked out. The garage sale and Goodwill piles got moved out to the garage and I told Dave that in no uncertain terms were we moving them back down into the basement again, hence the need for a garage sale.

So I spent Saturday morning chilling {literally} at a card table in our garage while Dave made breakfast:

Phone 278

Nice, huh?

And he watched the girls, so I got some rare and precious quiet time. Funny what qualifies as “me” time when you’re a mama Smile

Later the rain let up, my friend Mindy joined me, and we were actually able to sell quite a few things.

Not this of course Winking smilePhone 275

And now, here we are, Monday again. Bright blue skies and sunshine, maybe a trip to the park later on, and a {hopefully} laid back week ahead of us.

Thankful for summer days!!

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik