Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jul 11, 2011

Help Wanted

Dear People Who Make Swimsuits,

We need to talk.

It’s almost the middle of July and I have been looking for a swimsuit for…well, for far too long. I don’t want to point fingers here but…I think it’s all mostly your fault.

And maybe I’m wrong here, but I’d like to think that I represent a fairly large demographic here. It’s called Women Who Have Carried and Birthed At Least One Child For Nine Months Without Having Plastic Surgery Or Access To A Personal Trainer Afterwards.

Yes, we exist. And we like to swim. Or at the very least, we have children that like to swim.

I’m really not asking for much. All I want is a swimsuit that:

a) covers what needs to be covered…please do not make me go into a lesson on female anatomy here. YOU OUGHT TO KNOW WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT.

b) doesn’t cost a million dollars. Remember. I have children, and they like to eat.

and

c) doesn’t feel like a corset. I know. You’re trying to help me out with all your “shapewear” but…dude. I need to be able to breathe.

If you make me a swimsuit like that, I can promise you women across the country will be banging on your doors wanting to buy one. Believe me, there is heavy demand, and not a whole lotta supply. You really ought to be capitalizing on this.

And…helpful hint. Try it on an actual mom first. Not a model…I’m talking about somebody who enjoys the occasional hamburger and chocolate shake. Someone over the age of 15 but under the age of 50.

I’ll be sitting poolside in my tank top and shorts awaiting your reply.

All my love,

Amy

4 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

have you checked out lime ricki or hapari? I got one from lime rickinlast year-- pretty much meets all your requirements--super cute and mom appropriate :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

For our 10th anniversary, Cody took me to Action Accents on 42nd. They were the most helpful gals in putting me in a swimming suit that covered well, fit well, was comfortable. They are a little pricey (like almost $100!), but I wore it constantly the last two summers (obviously not this one) and it still has bright color and will last me at least another summer (when it fits again :( ). I've shared your frustration and hope you can find a winner soon!!!

Unknown said...

I have ordered my last three swimsuits from Lands End. They are figure flattering and have lots of options for coverage, print, and color. Right now their stock is on sale for 50% and I have a coupon for free shipping if you need that. :)

Becky said...

I'm with Katie - Lime Ricki is awesome! I would like to buy 500 of their swimsuits because they're so cute. I found one I liked and then found it on ebay because it was cheaper. Good luck hunting!

 
Images by Freepik