Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Aug 8, 2011

And We’re Back…

Whew! Has it really been more than 3 weeks since I last posted? I didn’t intend to take an impromptu blog break, but…life happens, and I don’t always have time to write about it Smile

So…what’s been going on? Too much to write about…some good, some bad, some just plain difficult. We’ve dealt with a bout of the stomach flu, a broken-beyond-repair refrigerator, and the death of a friend after a long battle with cancer.

We’ve also enjoyed a week of time away as a family at camp…more on that later.

Sidenote: On an average Monday, I do 4 loads of laundry – 1 white, 2 colors, and 1 “little girl clothes” load.

While we were on vacation, I did 3 loads of laundry…thinking {optimistically} that would leave me only 1 or 2 loads to do when we got home.

I have at least 7 loads waiting for me in the laundry room as we speak.

How did that happen?

Anyway…given the amount of laundry/unpacking that awaits me, I’ll just leave you with one picture that pretty much sums up Lily’s week:

Cousins

Quote: “Mykaela is my best fwiend.”

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I've missed you, girl! So sorry about your friend. Will be praying for you and all hurting right now. I love that picture! Looks like y'all had a fabulous time! :)

 
Images by Freepik