Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Sep 22, 2011

Breaking the Silence

I meant to start blogging regularly after we got back from vacation.

Well.

We can all see how that worked out, can’t we?

One month later and it’s been so long and so much has happened that every time I sit down to try and write about it I feel overwhelmed and quit.

Kind of the way I feel about deep cleaning the house sometimes.

But, I’ve got a special reason for hopping on here today.

You see, today is a very special day. It’s the day that my biggest little girl turns three years old. And I’ve been scratching my head all day trying to figure out how this itty bitty baby…

014

…turned into this beautiful little girl…

September 2011 045

Because much as I hate to admit it, that’s what she is. Not so much a baby, not even really so much a toddler anymore, but a little girl.

I love you, Lily. You were worth all 41 weeks of pregnancy, 14 hours of labor, and 60 minutes of pushing.

You were worth quitting my job so I could be with you.

Worth every single dirty diaper and potty training mess.

Worth every, “I-don’t-understand-why-you-are-still-crying-what-in-the-world-have-I-gotten-myself-into!” sleepless night.

Worth all the temper tantrums and poochie lips and crabby days.

In fact, all it really takes is one kiss, one sweet smile, one “I wub you soooo much Mommy,” to wipe those memories away.

You are one of the greatest gifts I have ever been given, I don’t deserve you and I am woefully inadequate when it comes to the responsibility of raising you.

I will never, ever be everything you need me to be, but I know Someone who IS all you need and if the only thing I do right in this life is introduce you to Him, I’ll have done the most important thing I could.

Love,
Mama

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday sweet Lily! Wow, I can't believe she's 3!! Such a big girl!

mommy baum said...

well-said! happy birthday sweet, lily! ;)

Gina said...

Beautiful words momma, Happy Birthday to Lily!

 
Images by Freepik