Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Oct 21, 2011

I’m a little late…

…but there’s a sweet little one year old that I believe deserves her own birthday post.

perrottfam_085

Sophia, you entered our lives last October so unobtrusively that we hardly even missed a beat. You slipped right into our lives and our hearts so naturally that it was almost as though you’d always been there.

You are sweet and mostly easy going, but you’ve also shown yourself to be feisty and stubborn. With your beautiful eyes and your naturally sociable personality, I have a feeling we’ll have our work cut out for us about 15 years from now!

I feel so privileged (and honestly…pretty scared) to have been given the responsibility of training you, and my prayer is that God will take my meager offering of flawed parenting skills and use it to mold you into His image.

Love you baby girl!!

October 2011 023

3 comments:

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

1 already!? Geez, I remember when you posted that you were pregnant :). She is such a cutie, hope it was a great day!!

Jenn said...

Adorable, love her big eyes! Happy Birthday Sophia

Becky said...

What a beautiful little lady! I can't wait to meet her in person in a couple weeks!

 
Images by Freepik