I’m not sure if I’ve ever mentioned this on here before or not, but I hate Halloween.
I mean, the cute kids in costumes and the candy – that I can handle.
But everything else?
Hate.
I hate the inappropriately gory decorations…like a bloody hand and a foot hanging out the back of someone’s trunk…or a “corpse” hanging from someone’s tree…I mean, seriously. Any other time it would be disturbing, but in October? Somehow it’s funny. Blech.
I’m really not even a fan of the less disgusting decorations, though they don’t bother me as much. Spider webs and gaudy purple and orange lights and mice and ghosts and skulls. Ugh. Sorry, I just don’t get it.
I hate that every movie producer feels the need to put out a new horror film right around the 31st. I mean, honestly…am I the only one that is creeped out by the fact that there are human beings out there who are actually thinking up these twisted, disturbing plots and, rather than being committed to some sort of mental institution because SERIOUSLY WHAT SANE PERSON TAKES PLEASURE IN THINKING THESE THINGS…they make money off of them? It seems to me that the crazy psychopaths in the world do a pretty good job all on their own, do we really need to feed their depraved minds and provide them with new material?
And the “adult” costumes…DON’T EVEN GET ME STARTED. Ladies, you might as well just save yourself some time and go dressed as a prostitute because you aren’t fooling anybody with your “nurse” and “kitty” costumes. How old are we again? Show some self respect – you’re better than that! (And by the way…if you don’t want to be treated like a piece of meat…don’t dress like one!)
See? I told you not to get me started
Halloween just puts a big old ugly mark on what is an otherwise pleasant season. Pumpkins and coffee and hoodies and leaves and apples and football and chili? Yes, please!
Blood and guts and gore and skanky costumes? No thank you. Yes, I’m aware that evil exists and I know we can’t hide from it…but that doesn’t mean we need to celebrate it.
Aaaannnd…stepping off my soapbox



4 comments:
Agreed. Evil and darkness is being celebrated..this makes a lot of sense. I also hate ALL scary movies.
Kayla -- me too! I turn the channel when I see the previews!
Totally with you, I just has this conversation with my husband over the weekend.
I love fall, but you can get rid of Halloween if you ask me!!
Amen, and Amen!
Post a Comment