Just some random thoughts on this gorgeous Monday morning…
We are having a laid back day today…I clean our house on a pretty regular weekly schedule with different tasks assigned for each day – Mondays are all about doing laundry and picking up after our weekend. This weekend in particular was a busy one, with Dave working late on Friday night and all day Saturday. It doesn’t happen often, but when it does, it makes for a pretty crazy weekend…
*******
Speaking of the weekend, we had some family pictures taken on Saturday evening and they turned out so beautifully! For once, the stars aligned and we had gorgeous weather and happy children. This was probably the least stressed out I’ve been at a photo shoot since Lily was born! {Photo shoot…that makes it sound like we’re models or something. We’re not } Our photographer is amazing and all the pictures were beautiful but this is one of my favorites:
Seriously.
Melt. my. heart.
************
The leaves on the trees are turning some fantastically gorgeous colors, and Lily is absolutely fascinated by the change. She points out all the different colors while we’re driving. I love that she notices the things my eyes sometimes pass over. I think one of the blessings of having children are that they force you to slow down and notice the little things.
I’m feeling rather sentimental today, can you tell?
*********
On a slightly less sentimental note, here are some recent “Lily-isms” that have had us chuckling:
{While getting into her Little Tikes car} “Ok. I’m the Daddy and I’m driving to work. Sophia, you be my little wife.”
{While taking family pictures} “Mommy, you are getting sooooo big!”
Uh…thank you?
{While driving in the car} “Mommy, I think you need to just fold your hands and get some self control.”
{While playing upstairs this morning} “Mommy, Peter and John are here. They were sick so I was taking care of them. Me: Really? Where are they now? Lily: Well, they’re in my room. I had to put them in there because they were being angry and selfish.
{We do not know any Peter’s or John’s…I can only assume she was talking about the disciples? Quite the imagination this girl has…}
*******
And finally…I’m so excited to tell you that TOMORROW I’m doing a super fun girly giveaway!! Be sure to stop back in and check it out!
Happy Monday!



2 comments:
Love Katie's sneak peek of your pictures! You have such a cute family!
Can't wait for tomorrow! :)
Oh my goodness, Lily comes up with the most hilarious things, doesn't she?! My boys are constantly keeping me laughing hysterically too. Except when they are driving me crazy. Anyway, loved the post!
And again, your photos are awesome. Don't you love it when the stars align like that??
Post a Comment