Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Oct 4, 2011

The Evolution of a Hair Style {GIVEAWAY!!!}

I’m thrilled to be doing a fun, girly giveaway today for Princess of the King. Read on to find out more!!

*************

Of all the wonderful things about raising little girls, one in particular has proven to be equal parts fun and frustration.

Their hair.

More specifically, what to do with their hair.

Lily’s hair has gone through a number of stages since her entry into this world.

First we had the newborn fuzz…

022 - Copy (2)

Oh my goodness.

Stop it.

I want to pick up that little bundle and snuggle her fuzzy head on my chest again.

Aaaanyway….

Then the fuzz started to rub off…particularly in the back, so we had the nice Is that a baby or the back of an old man’s head balding stage…

014 (8)

This was actually the easiest stage of them all. We could do hats…

018 (4)

011 (2)

Although occasionally those got to be a bother…

023 (2)

024 (2)

Or headbands…

006 (17)

Ok…how much do I want to squish those cheeks??

008 (2)011 (6)020033

And eventually we got to the can’t hardly see it but there’s just enough hair there to attach a bow stage.

724728755

I believe that look says, “Dude. I can’t wait to start choosing my own hair accessories.”

Not long after that we got to the stage my husband affectionately coined, The Lily Ray Cyrus phase. Because her hair was a little bit…mullet-ish…

January 2010 029

It was at this point that I really got to actually start doing Lily’s hair – as opposed to just slapping on a headband.

July 2010 004

Now Lily has a head full of gorgeous wavy blond hair and we get to have tons of fun accessorizing!

Which leads me our giveaway…

When Sara {who just so happens to be my cousin’s husband’s brother’s wife…did you get that? Smile} contacted me about doing a review and giveaway of her hairbows, I jumped at the chance.

Because, I mean…just look…

image

How sweet would these be in pigtails on a trip to the pumpkin patch?

These little clippies work great for those of you whose munchkins don’t have much hair to work with…like mine!

image

I got some sparkly ones like this

image

…in black and brown. Sophia even wore one in our family pictures this past weekend:

Sophia

I love the versatility of these sparkly bows:

imageimage

I could do pigtails for Lily, or put one in each of the girl’s hair to match!

And I couldn’t resist these fun green and red ones for Christmas:

image

And these are just a fraction of what she’s got available in her shop!

Sara’s customer service is fantastic and she had mine shipped almost immediately after I ordered them! Not to mention that her prices are extremely affordable!

So I’m thrilled to tell you that Sara is graciously offering one of my readers $15 worth of hair accessories! Wanna know how to enter?

Visit Princess of the King and check out all her hairbows! Then come back and leave a comment letting me know which one is your favorite!

Wanna get your name in the pot another time?

“Like” Princess of the King on Facebook! Sara also happens to be doing a fun giveaway through her Facebook page, so liking her page will gain you an entry into that giveaway as well!

And because she is so generous, Sara is offering a special discount throughout the course of the giveaway – free shipping on any orders over $10. Just enter FREESHIPPINGWITH10 at check out.

Whew!

That’s a whole lotta good stuff for one giveaway!

So what are you waiting for? Get your entry in now! Even if you don’t have a little girl of your own, these would make great gifts for that niece you love to spoil! You can’t win if you don’t play! Smile

Giveaway ends this Sunday, October 9 at 11:59 PM CST. I’ll draw and announce the winner Monday morning.

Good luck!!

10 comments:

Brianne Goode said...

I LOVE this giveaway!!!! So excited! My favorites are all the Disney princess ones and the Hawkeye one of course! Thanks!

Laura Fincham said...

Oh man, those are super cute! I like the Glitter Tuxedo Bows and the Fall clippies too!

une autre mère said...

Oh I hope I win!! I looked through several of her bows, and I love them all! They're so unique! But I especially love the pumpkin one you showed!

une autre mère said...

And yes, I "liked" her Facebook page too! :)

Heather said...

LOVE this Christmas Bow!
"Extra Large Over-the-Top Stunning Christmas Boutique Hairbow Bow Red and Green Polka Dot". Would love to win so I liked her on FB too.

Know what you mean about the hair issues. We had the opposite of the mullet for Lexi... too much on the sides and nothing on the back, that's a tough one too!

Jamie said...

I love Princess of the King so much! My two favorite bows of hers right now are http://www.etsy.com/listing/79366512/over-the-top-orange-and-black-cat and http://www.etsy.com/listing/83019888/pair-of-orange-red-and-green-fall-leaves. They are so lovely and wonderful for a little girl.

Lisa said...

Hairbows! Awesome! They are so adorable. I especially love the princess clippies.

Lisa said...

And as a bonus, I liked her on facebook :)

Amy said...

We are always on the lookout for cute hairbows around here:) I love the Extra Large Over-the-Top Stunning Christmas Boutique Hairbow Bow Red and Green Polka Dot. That would be too cute with Christmas outfits.

Thanks for the opportunity to win such a great prize.
Blessings,
Amy

mommy baum said...

love all those bows! though i don't have a lil' gal of my own to put those in (oh i hope to someday!!!) i would love to have some on hand to use as accessories when i photograph other lil' girly girls! my favorite was the "Over the Top Pink Green and Brown Cupcake Happy Birthday" bow. It is adorable!

your girls are so cute, amy!

 
Images by Freepik