Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Nov 29, 2011

Brain Dump

ldkjaso ibr;oklfmaldkfjalsdkmfclasgnb l/adsknmv kfkadjflkasjdfvasdfasedlklkdjflasdkjflaksjdflaskdjflaskdjf;laskdjflksadjflaksj

No, that’s not a typo.

Just the contents of my brain right now.

For the past two months my friend Laura and I have been planning a women’s event at our church.

It is on Saturday.

As in, this weekend.

Four days from today.

And…commence freak out Smile

Remember how when you planned your wedding there were like, a billion little details that needed to be taken care of that last week? That’s kind of what this is like. In fact, planning this event has not been unlike planning a wedding only with a MUCH smaller time frame.

Invitations to design and print out? Check.

Tables and tablecloths to be rented? Check.

Catering arranged? Check.

Decorations lined up? Check.

Program order and musicians lined up? Check and check.

So why, you ask, am I typing a blog post right now?

Well, because.

Yesterday I made a grocery list and then went to the store without it.

This morning I put an empty carton of milk back in the refrigerator and I almost threw my keys in the trash.

I am very distracted and I need a bit of a mental break.

So I am going to shut my computer and go sit on the floor with my girls and their baby dolls. We are going to play princess and eat pretend food and color Curious George pictures and I am not going to think about anything else until they are tucked in their beds for their naps.

And…if you think of it, would you pray for this event? There will be almost 400 women there, many of which do not know Jesus as their Savior and THAT is the reason we are orchestrating all of these little details. Pray for the Holy Spirit to be moving in the hearts of all those in attendance.

And if you could also throw in a prayer for Laura and I to not have a nervous breakdown between now and Saturday, well, we’d really appreciate it Winking smile

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Praying that everything goes smoothly and that God touches many hearts!

 
Images by Freepik