This is frivolous, I know. But I’m thankful for Target.
I’m thankful for their orange clearance stickers and their wide grocery aisles.
…thankful for the Starbucks in the front corner of the store…pure genius…to be able to sip a Peppermint Mocha or Pumpkin Spice latte, depending on the season, and the amount of money in the budget
…thankful for the Dollar Spot with it’s ever changing selection of cheap yet somehow always enticing merchandise.
….thankful for their kind employees who don’t roll their eyes (to my face, anyway) when I knock a jar of spaghetti sauce off the shelf…twice…in the space of five minutes…
…and who look the other way when I break into a box of Goldfish in the middle of the cracker aisle because I neglected to bring a sufficient supply of snack food into the store. They must understand that it is better for all of us if we don’t run out of snacks mid shopping trip.
…thankful for those monstrous carts that let me cram all my groceries, my diaper bag, purse and two children in at once…although they should probably add a sign that says, “I Make Wide Left Turns”. And maybe one of those beepers that signal when you’re going in reverse….
Yes, Target. I’m sure I could survive without you but I’m glad for now that I don’t have to try.



2 comments:
Oh so agreed!!! Now to petition my local Target to get a Starbucks... ;)
I agree! Gotta love the free cookies at the bakery, too!
Post a Comment