Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Dec 21, 2011

Define “Dangerous”

The other day Lily and I had a discussion about tattling. I explained that it's not ok to tell on her sister just because she wants to get her in trouble and ended my explanation with the instruction to, "only tell Mommy if Sophia is doing something that will hurt her or is dangerous."

You would not BELIEVE the number of dangerous activities Sophia has been involved in since then.

It goes something like this:

November 2011 048Lily: Mommy, Sophia is doing something dangerous!

Me: What is she doing?

Lily: Well, umm….she’s holding my special baby doll and…I’m afraid…I think she could choke.

Me: On your baby doll?

Lily: Yes, because it’s dangerous and I really think she needs to stop.

***********

Lily: Mommy, Sophia keeps poking me and it’s really dangerous.

Me: How is that dangerous?

Lily: Well, because, she could get hurt and I just love her so much and I just don’t want anything to happen to her because she is my sister so could you please tell her to stop touching me?

*********

Lily: Mommy, Sophia is taking my crayons away from me and it’s really dangerous.

Me: What’s dangerous?

Lily: Well, because she could poke them in her eye and then she would be hurt and I just don’t want her to get hurt.

************

Something tells me she’s confused the words “dangerous” with “annoying” Smile

5 comments:

Amber said...

Oh, isn't tattling such a frustrating point in mothering?! We struggle with tattling with all of our kids, even the 15 year old at times. We've been using some resources from Doorposts to help with tattling and other negative behavior. It is cute, though, how your daughter tried to distort the situation a bit to make it not seem like she was overtly tattling!

Mandi said...

Heheheheh :) Oh... can't we just pause this stage? Because you know it only get's worse :)

Jenn said...

Sorry, I can't help but laugh that is so cute and quite clever. I love it when they are trying out new concepts.

Unknown said...

Ha! Love it!

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your sweet little family!

Alyssa said...

Hey Amy! Thought I'd let you know, I have nominated you for an award. Come check it out!
Alyssa @ echoesofthecreator.blogspot.com

 
Images by Freepik