Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jan 6, 2012

Three words

Unpacking. Organizing. Cleaning.

That pretty much sums up how I’ve been ringing in the New Year.

Unpacking because we just returned from visiting Dave’s family in New York.

Organizing because we got an influx toys and books and other stuff for Christmas and I’ve got to figure out where to put it all.

And cleaning because…well, because life is messy and we don’t have a maid Smile

I made some New Year’s resolutions but I’m not going to list them all here because I don’t think you really care but I will say that one of them is to do a better job recording the little things the girls are saying/doing.

Because I’m a Mom, and that’s what Moms do.

So. Here are a few “Lily-isms”.

***************

December 2011 002Lily: I really love exercising, Mom.
Me: Oh, really? What do you like about exercising?
Lily: Well, I like taking my shirt off and doing push-ups. Like Daddy.

Oh, dear.

****************

Her version of “Patty Cake”:
”Patty cake, patty cake,
bake your hand.
Make me a cake as fast as you can.
Pat it and mark it
and put it on a B.
And make it in the elevator doop bah duh bee”

**************
Potty Humor:

On the drive to New York, we had to frequent quite a few public restrooms and Lily quickly caught on to the fact that they don’t usually smell the greatest. At one particular spot, we entered the bathroom and she cautiously sniffed the air, then said with surprise, “Oh, this one doesn’t smell bad!” About a minute later, the person in the stall next to us was, *ahem* “dropping the kids off at the pool” and Lily loudly proclaimed, “It smells stinky in here NOW Mommy!!!”

In yet another public restroom, she informed me and everyone else that “she was going to go poopy” then pointed to the stall next to us and said, “Is she going poopy too Mommy?”

***************

December 2011 007And I really don’t mean to leave Sophia out, it’s just that her verbal communication can basically be boiled down to two words:

Da-da = Daddy
Dog-dog = any animal

And, oh yes! A recent addition to her vocabulary:

Da = Yeah

She will say this with enthusiasm in answer to basically any question you ask her.

“Sophia, are you hungry?”
”Da!!!!”

“Sophia, do you want your dolly?”
”Da!!!!!”

“Sophia, do you want a spanking?”
”Da!!!!”

And that’s all she wrote for today. Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Very sweet! I love your Lily-isms. I have a Lily myself, and I always tell her that I named her Lily so it would rhyme with silly because she's so silly. She truly is! Good luck with all the unpacking, organizing, and cleaning. You'll feel so great when it's done!

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

Oh yes, my daughter always shares her opinions of the smell of public restrooms and what everyone is doing in them, loud and clear!
Gotta love the preschool age! :)

Kelly said...

Lily is hilarious! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, "da" means "yes" in romanian...just sayin' :) Romania is a south-eastern European country, my country

 
Images by Freepik