My blog buddy Ali tagged me in a fun little meme and since I don’t really have anything else to talk about today, I figured I’d play along!

- I have this really weird, slightly disgusting habit of chewing the fingernail polish off of my fingers. Apparently it’s genetic because Lily does it too.
- I read and enjoyed all the Harry Potter books.
- I HATE seeing/cleaning hair off the various surfaces in the bathroom. Dark hair in particular really gets to me…BLECH.
- I make my bed (almost) every day. It makes our room feel clean even when it’s not.
- I am notorious for opening cabinet doors and forgetting to close them. This drives Dave crazy.
- I watch The Bachelor. Even worse than Harry Potter, I KNOW! For the record, I think Ben was totally “thinking with his britches and not with his brain.” And, really, the ladies he sent home? I think he did them a favor…
ANYWAY….. - I am very anal about the way I fold my laundry.
- I hate my feet.
- I love flip flops. Which is ironic, since they show so much of my feet.
- I have never dyed my hair, although I have thought about it. However, I am using this new shampoo that is supposed to “enhance and lighten naturally blonde hair” and I LOVE it!
- If I could live in any state, I think it would be Colorado (and I’m not just saying that for you, Ali!) Of course I would want to bring both our families with us
I think I would love the weather – four distinct seasons without the brutal cold, wind, and humidity of the Midwest. Plus so much to do outdoors and the cities I’ve visited have all been really nice!
And now, some questions to answer…
- What is a dream you had that came true?
This might sound corny, but when I was younger there were two things I always thought I’d love to do: A) be a secretary at a school and B) stay at home with my kids. I’ve been fortunate enough to get to do both of those things, and have loved them every bit as much as I thought I would. Neither experience has been perfect but NOTHING in this life ever is!
- What is a phobia you have?
SPIDERS!
- When was the first time you kissed a boy? What happened?
The first (and only) boy I kissed also happens to be the boy I marriedHe asked if he could kiss me and I told him that I wanted to say yes but I was afraid I wouldn’t be good at it. And he told me that he didn’t care if I was “good” at it, because it was ME and that’s what it would make it special. So of course I kissed him – I mean, how could I not??
- How did your parents decide on your name?
Umm, well, I might be getting some of the details wrong, but one of my parents had a relative – a great aunt or something? – named Emily Marie and my parents really loved that name, but they also loved the name Amy. So they named me Amy Marie. Did I get that right, Mom?
- What is your favorite board game?
I don’t really like board games…
- What is the worst injury you ever had?
My broken wrist!
- What is your ideal date?
Well, to be honest, most of the time I’m happy with just putting on our comfy clothes and hanging out at home, but if we’re going somewhere special…I guess I don’t have a lot of specifics. It’d definitely involve food and being outside if possible and doing something laid back.
- What did you want to be {when you grew up}?
See number #1. I guess you could say I’m livin’ the dream
- What movie can you watch over and over again?
Anne of Green Gables and The Sound of Music
- What is your favorite season? Why?
It might be easier to ask what is my least favorite season – definitely Winter. I’m not usually that happy to see it come and I’m always giddy when it’s over. I love pretty much every other season but I guess if I HAD to choose, probably Summer.
- If you have one, what is your favorite Bible verse? Why is it important to you.
I have a couple, but I’ll pick this one:
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Corinthians 5:21
This is what it’s all about!!
We are bad. Jesus was good. But he took on all our “badness” and gave us His goodness. God looks at me and sees JESUS. There is NO BETTER NEWS! I could lose everything else I have, but I will never lose my right standing with God through Jesus. That’s enough to give me joy even on my worst day.
Thanks Ali, for letting me play along!



3 comments:
I am with you on the cabinet doors thing. I am really organized, but for some reason, I too always leave them open....
Funny on the cabinet doors and drawers for me. I think I hate the sound of them slamming and never feel like I have the time to close them quietly. Both of my boys get after me and make sure I close them ALL THE WAY.
I loved reading this.
Please do move to Colorado whenever it is convenient for you...it's lovely here and there is a nice house down the street for sale. I would love to be neighbors. ;)
I am glad I am not the only girl lured in by the Bachelor nonsense.
And I am with you on the Spider thing. I may or may not check my bed before I get it to see if there is one waiting there to devour me.
Post a Comment