Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Mar 21, 2012

I Blame Daylight Savings. And Teeth.

Lily is the most reliable alarm clock I’ve ever owned.

Every morning. 7 o’clock. On the nose.

So I was excited about Daylight Savings Time this spring. Because, theoretically, she would “sleep in” until 8 a.m. Maybe just maybe, I thought, we could trick her little biological clock into waking up an hour later.

Do you want to know what time she woke up that Sunday morning?

That’s right.

7 o’clock. On the nose.

Which, in case you don’t remember, actually felt like 6 o’clock. I definitely remembered.

We didn’t tell her about the time change, didn’t put her to bed earlier, didn’t change a thing in her routine, but somehow she knew.

And ever since then her sleep schedule has been all wonky. She hasn’t napped well, has had a hard time getting to sleep at night (probably because it’s still light out) and she’s “reset” her inner alarm clock to SIX-THIRTY.

*sigh*

I thought maybe this week we’d get back to normal, but now Sophia has started in. She’s working on four gigantic molars and has been waking up early from her naps still tired and verrrrry cranky. I can’t say I blame her, I know how bad a toothache can be, and I can’t imagine what it’s like to have four at once.

However.

All of this to say that I’m a little tired myself.

My house is kinda messy, because I haven’t had regular nap times to clean.

And do you know what it’s like to clean your house when your kids are awake? A friend of a friend said that cleaning your house while your kids are awake is like, “trying to brush your teeth while your eating an Oreo.”

Yes. Yes, yes, yes.

My floors…my poor floors…are so sticky and I can feel little bits of dirt on the bottoms my feet when I walk.

I hate that.

I’m sorry. I hope you didn’t come here hoping to be inspired by my model of good housekeeping. Just keepin’ it real.

But…you know…I will take short naps and cranky kids over bad attitudes and arguments about boyfriends or makeup or clothing or goodness knows what else is coming my way once we have teenagers in the house!

Let them be little, right?

March 2012 011

(But I really do need to go clean my floors)

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Love the new blog "facelift"! And I am agreeable on the whole sleep/cleaning thing! We just brought a newborn into the mix, so EVERYTHING is wonky! :)

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Same here, daylight savings always messes us up!!

 
Images by Freepik