Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Apr 12, 2012

Around Here…

  • Dave’s birthday was a couple of weeks ago. We’ve sort of started this tradition where instead of presents for his birthday, we take a trip. Last year, Chicago. This year, Minneapolis. Both times we got to see the Celtics play (he is a big fan) but this time? We had the added bonus of seeing Vanilla Ice for the halftime show.
    541861_10151429514265316_752155315_22993351_1274278541_n
    Crazy that after all these years, I can still sing about 97% of the lyrics. Will it ever stop, yo…I don’t know…

  • Ever since the weather has been nice, we’ve been taking a post-lunch, pre-nap walk. Watching this about melts my heart: Phone April 2012 522It’s the picture I try to keep in my head during the rest of the day, when they are pulling each other’s hair and playing tug of war with their baby dolls. They do love each other…most of the time…

  • I’m a little bit addicted to Reese’s Miniature Peanut Butter Cups right now. Darn you, Easter candy clearance!

  • I’ve been doing a crazy amount of reading and research about home education, something I never thought I’d be considering. It all started with this book:Educating the WholeHearted Child -- Third EditionWhich led me to this book:The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home (Third Edition)
    We still don’t know what we’re doing as far as education goes, but my mind has definitely been challenged to look at homeschooling in a whole new light. More on that later.

 

That’s all.

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Your girls look so grown up!
Love your birthday trips! We may have to copycat you!

 
Images by Freepik