Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jul 13, 2012

Should I or Shouldn’t I?

I’ve been pondering one of life’s biggest questions a lot lately.

Should I get my hair cut?

Right now my hair is pretty long with some long{ish} bangs {that really need to be trimmed}. I haven’t changed it much in the last couple of years and I’m getting the itch.

However, I feel there are some good arguments to be made for keeping a longer ‘do.

  1. Dave likes it long. I mean, he tells me he likes it no matter what and he’d never tell me to not cut it…but I know he prefers it longer.

  2. It’s easy.

  3. I can put it up in a ponytail. When the temperatures are in the 100+ range, that’s a very good thing.

  4. I think shorter hair makes my face look round. This may very well be a figment of my imagination, but, there you go.

  5. It takes my hair forever to grow back.

And then there are the arguments for shorter hair, which I will give you in the form of pictures.

 

Source: living.msn.com via Amy on Pinterest

Source: skincareblog.net via Amy on Pinterest

 

Obviously, I’m leaning toward the “long-ish angled bob with bangs” style.

Whaddya think? To cut or not to cut?

And If you vote to cut, which one do you like the best?

7 comments:

Flab to 5k said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flab to 5k said...

I think you would look awesome with Heidi Klum's hair. :)

Becky said...

I vote cut it AND get highlights!! :) it'll always grow back!

Lisa said...

Go for it! (Says the girl who never changes up her hairstyle...)

I like the Heidi Klum and the Jessica Simpson. :)

Anonymous said...

I think #1 would be too short but its really cute! I love #2 the most because the picture reminds me of you for some reason and I can already picture you with that cut. Plus, I think it is long enough to still put in a pony tail {win!}

Kelly said...

I'm in the same dilemma...and I think I'm going to keep mine long for now for the reasons you mentioned. But, if you get it cut, I love the #2 picture.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Ohh, you should do it! I have an angled bob right now and LOVE it. :) Mine is alot shorted than these pics, but my hair grows like crazy, and will be long again - probably next week. :)

Change is fun though. Although you are gorgeous with your long blond hair.

 
Images by Freepik