Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jul 16, 2012

Bits and Pieces

Does it ever seem like everybody nowadays has a super nice Nikon and takes amazing pictures with documentation for every single week of their child’s life from birth on?

It kinda seems that way to me. And sometimes I feel silly posting my blurry camera phone pictures on here.

Then I look back at all the pictures we have from when Lily was a baby and I realize that I don’t care about the poor lighting and the shadows on her face I just love remembering what she looked like and the things we did. That’s what taking pictures is all about, right? Capturing memories, and maybe it’s not perfect, but then, neither is life, right?

So here are some of our {imperfect} captured memories lately:

July 2012 001

I pinned this recipe for “moon dough” on Pinterest awhile back but hadn’t gotten around to making it because we didn’t have baby oil and I kept forgetting to buy some. Then the other day I found a bottle of tanning oil and decided to try using that instead. It worked!

And bonus, the “moon dough” smelled like coconuts Winking smile

The girls loved it, although true to form, Sophia ate some, hence the “mustache” which Lily thought was hilarious SmileJuly 2012 002The Target Dollar Spot has bags of poms for $1 right now – I got some glittery ones, cut up some old magnets and glued them on the back. I was going to have her organize them by color but then I realized she was already doing that on her own. That’s my girl Winking smileJuly 2012 003

Look how blonde that hair is getting!

July 2012 002

This weekend was our towns summer festival complete with a parade and fireworks. We skipped out on the fireworks but we were there for the duration of the parade…which is 2 1/2 hours long. A little ridiculous, but the girls loved it and came home with bags and bags of candy!July 2012 005July 2012 008July 2012 009

And finally…free lunch at the splash park today. Who doesn’t eat their peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a fork?

July 2012 014

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the pictures you post! We do have a "nicer" camera, but these days I usually just use my camera phone too! It's hard to lug the big camera as well as three little kids :)

The summer festival sounds like fun!

Oh, and I've been wanting to make moon sand too...must do that soon.

Happy Monday!

Mandi said...

I'm with you... just capturing the memory is most important! Aw, kinda misted up looking at the pics and hearing the piano music... these girls are growing up, and too fast! Special memories!
*loved seeing you guys today!

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

Your pictures are great and your girls are adorable!!

 
Images by Freepik