Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jul 4, 2012

Ultimate Freedom

As I slipped outside this morning with my Bible and settled in for my morning quiet time, I was not unaware of what a privilege it is for me to be able to do so – without fear.

Even as I write this, there are believers around the world who are being tortured and killed because of their beliefs, and it is only the grace of God that allows me to have been born in a country that, at least for now allows me that freedom. I am so grateful for the men and women who have sacrificed to make it that way!

But on this day where we celebrate our collective freedom as citizens of the United States, my mind can’t help but reflect on another, greater freedom that I have been given.

“There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death”
Romans 8:2

Jesus, the ultimate sacrifice for the ultimate freedom.

Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik