Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Dec 19, 2012

A Christmas Tour

Well…the weathermen/women {weather…people?} are telling us that a massive blizzard is on the way…Winter Storm Draco, to be exact. We don’t get hurricanes in the Midwest, so evidently we’ve taken to naming our snowstorms Smile

Personally, I’m kind of looking forward to the prospect of being snowed in – provided that the electricity doesn’t go out and my husband gets to stay home from work. I’m crossing my fingers that both of those things will happen Smile

The girls and I spent some time yesterday and today baking an assortment of Christmas goodies to share with neighbors and co-workers. As hard as I try, I always feel a leeetle bit stressed out by the end of it all.

Ok. Lies. It stresses me out a lot. I think I’m learning that at this age, it’s probably best to just shoot for making one or two treats with them. That’s about all they {and I} have the patience for. But we got the mess cleaned up and Lily has told me thank you about a bajillion times, so we’ll consider that a success!

Anyway. All of this has nothing to do with the actual reason I am posting today, which is to take you on a Christmas tour of our home! I’ve done this every year for the past four years and I always enjoy not only sharing our decorations, but looking at everyone else’s houses. I’m nosy like that Winking smile

So…if you’re snowed in tomorrow, or your just looking for something to do in your downtime, head to The Nesting Place and have a look around!

Ok, enough chit chat.

Here’s our home!

December 2012 004

This is the first year that I’ve done anything more than a wreath on our front porch, and I’m pretty pleased with how things turned out!

December 2012 014

The planters, old chippy white stool, and plantation rocker w/pillow are “staples” on the porch and I just change the décor up seasonally.

I got the idea to fill my boots from Pinterest. They’re perfect Christmas colors, and up until now, I haven’t needed them…although once the blizzard hits I might have to put them to use Smile

December 2012 010

I used some greenery and ornaments to spice up the rocker, and threw my scarf on the top. It’s actually attached to the back using duct tape {you might be a redneck…}

December 2012 006

December 2012 012December 2012 013December 2012 015

All of these are decorations I already had, but wasn’t using indoors this year. I figured they went pretty perfectly with our red door!

Now onto the inside…

December 2012 018December 2012 017December 2012 022

I showed you these pictures of the dresser in our dining room and bookshelf vignettes here.

These shutters are holding our Christmas cards, along with some free printable chalkboard looking ornaments that I found here. We’ve actually almost completely filled the shutters with cards now – I’m going to have to try to find another place to hang the rest of them!December 2012 023December 2012 024December 2012 025December 2012 027December 2012 028December 2012 029

Here we have our Christmas tree:

December 2012 017

This is my favorite place to sit in the whole house right now!

And this is our mantle:

Amy Phone dec 2012 593Amy Phone dec 2012 600Amy Phone dec 2012 602

This is a phrase from one of my favorite Christmas songs.Amy Phone dec 2012 604Amy Phone dec 2012 606Amy Phone dec 2012 608

 

That’s our home! And as a bonus, I’m going to add in some pictures of the table I decorated for our ladies event at church. Some of you had asked to see them and I just haven’t gotten around to it. So, here they are! I took the pictures with my phone, and I really wasn’t able to get many of them before people came and started to sit down. But I think you can get the general idea Smile

Amy Phone dec 2012 610

The white plates are actually from the Dollar Tree! They used to have mugs too, but ours was all sold out so those are from Target. They look like they came together though! I also got the water goblets from the Dollar Spot at Target. And the napkins are from Target. Are you noticing a theme here?

Amy Phone dec 2012 612

The galvanized bucket was borrowed from a friend and I printed out free sheet music online and ripped the edges to make it look older.

I used Scrabble tiles for the names, and the brown lunch bags hold some Dove salted caramel chocolates, Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate packets, and a candy cane. Clearly I am a fan of the Salted Caramel flavor.Amy Phone dec 2012 614

Aaannyway…that’s the tour, hope you enjoyed!

Hope everyone stays safe, warm, and free of power outages the next few days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your Christmas decorations! So cute.

And having just met "Draco" (what?! ha!) today, I would say that he will probably give you a nice dusting of snow for a white christmas but not do anything of epic proportions.

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! I'd love to see your house sometime in person! You'll have to come decorate my house for me... :)

Unknown said...

Your home is lovely, from the pretty front porch and right in. Merry Christmas!

 
Images by Freepik