Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jan 17, 2013

Currently…

listening: the washing machine, dishwasher, strains of Curious George from the basement and Chris Tomlin’s Burning Lights (love!)- a delightful symphony!

eating: Pioneer Woman’s Peanut Butter Pie – leftover from last night’s small group. Tastes just like my moms!

drinking: Tastefully Simple Oh My! Chai drink mix – better than Starbucks! But unfortunately, not much cheaper. Hoping to try a homemade version soon.

wearing: an old Minnesota sweatshirt from my best friend, my comfiest yoga pants (with an unfortunate bleach stain on the right knee) and some serious bedhead. You know you wanna borrow this outfit Winking smile

feeling: major calf burns from the leg workout I did yesterday

weather: gray, overcast, chilly and blah. Ready for spring!

cooking: new recipe tonight  – Beer Battered Fish Tacos w/Cilantro Lime Ranch and Mango Salsa. Hope it tastes as good as it sounds!

needing: a pedicure – ok, so not really a need, but my feet could use some attention Smile

thinking: on the beauty and harmony of the Bible – doing a study of  Genesis right now and seeing it in a whole new light. The heartbreak of sin and the beauty of God’s plan for redemption, the stark contrast between the life He chose for us and the life we’ve chosen for ourselves, the subtle lies of Satan that still whisper to us today and the glorious truth that the great deceiver can NEVER silence. From beginning to end, it all points to Jesus and no piece of literature has ever had such consistency in it’s themes and symbolism. There is such a thirst in my heart right now and love for God’s Word that could only come from Him. So thankful!!

enjoying: my girls. They are messy and sometimes clingy they are sometimes loud and sometimes even a {little} annoying, they are so, so, so very needy…and yet, right now God is allowing me to see the beauty in the spaghetti stained faces and the toy strewn floor. I wouldn’t want a neat and tidy life that didn’t include them. I’m so thankful for the privilege of being called their Mama!

One Day Mummy I Won't Be This Small

Feeling a little sentimental today, in case you couldn’t tell Smile

singing: 

I called your name, you heard my cry
Out of the grave, and into life
My heart is yours, my soul is free
Thank you God for saving me
Thank you God for saving me

Happy Day Before Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I posted a recipe for Chai Tea on the wrong post, so see the comments on your newest post!

 
Images by Freepik