Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Feb 25, 2013

Monday, Monday



In an effort to blog SOMETHING! Happy Homemaker Monday...

The Weather:::
Chilly with light snow in the forecast...I really try not to wish the seasons away but, soooo ready for spring!
Right now I am: 
Getting ready to attempt Candyland with a four and two year old :)

On my reading pile:::
The Promised One by Nancy Guthrie, Desperate by Sally Clarkson and Sarah Mae, Mended by Angie Smith

On my tv:::
The Bachelor...yes, guilty pleasure...not really much else though. Working on less screen time with the girls . I've definitely resorted to using that as easy entertainment too much this winter!

Favorite Blog post this week (mine or other):::
Loving this one: 
http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/a-weak-mother-is-a-good-mother
Something fun to share:::
You must try Ghiradelli's dark Chocolate with Salted Caramel Squares...they are to die for!

On the menu for this week:::
Dave's mom was visiting last week and left us with a freezer and fridge full of food. Such a blessing!

Monday - Leftovers (Daddy works late)
Tuesday - Broccoli Cheese Soup and Beef Stew in Homemade Bread Bowls
Wednesday - BBQ Meatballs and Homemade Mac n Cheese, Green Beans
Thursday -  Salsa and Black Bean Chicken Bake, brown rice, corn
Friday - ?? Not sure yet...possibly pizza or dinner out
Saturday - Chicken and Rice Casserole
Sunday - Porketta Roast, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Veggies


On my to do list:::
Laundry - four loads to fold and put away
Dust and vacuum basement and upper level
Clean bathrooms in basement and upper level

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Nothing!

Homemaking Tips:::
Create a daily cleaning schedule...it will change your life and help simplify (yes, simplify!) your cleaning!

Looking around the house:::
Lots of clutter...the aftermath of the weekend!

Bible verse, Devotional:::
Loved this quote this morning:
"Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the REACH of God's grace. And yor best days are never so good that you are beyond the NEED for God's grace." Jerry Bridges

Also made me think of this quote:
"I wouldn't trust my best 15 minutes to get me into heaven." 

So thankful for Jesus' righteousness...not mine!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik