Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Apr 12, 2013

Lately

I try not to wish time away, but man...I have to say that this week is one that I am not sorry to put in my rearview mirror. But even amidst some of the yucky stuff, we still have so much good! So here's a somewhat random assortment of pictures from the past week/weekend.




Since the weather *was* -- emphasis on WAS {trying not to be bitter} -- warmer last week, I brought up the tubs of spring/summer clothes. These matching PJ's were purchased on clearance last year. The girl's love to dress alike -- wonder how long that will last?





Watching Syracuse play Michigan in the Final Four on Saturday.

I asked Dave to smile but he refused because they were losing.




This is him being annoyed that I was taking his picture. Also? When your hubby's favorite team loses, it is NOT helpful to remind him that "it's just a game." Really. Not helpful.





Sophia was pretending to be a monster. This is her "scary face"





Wearing dress up clothes and playing princesses -- pretty typical day around here!




I finally got my hair cut -- it's been a good five months -- and I brought the picture above in as inspiration. However, what I ended up with did not look quite how I had pictured it in my head. Or, anything at all like how I had pictured it in my head. Don't you just hate when that happens? The bangs are a LOT more blunt and a LOT shorter than I had expected. I haven't had bangs since grade school, and I'm kinda having trouble getting used to them...here is how it looked after I styled it the first time. It's ok but it just soooo does not feel like "me":




And here they are pushed to the side:




I'm trying to make myself like them...but I really just can't wait until they grow out a little!

Also? I don't like taking pictures of myself.





I had some Old Navy Cash that I needed to use so I took the girls on Tuesday and found this cute purse on clearance! It's definitely not neutral, but it actually goes with a lot of stuff!




We are not going to let the chilly weather keep us from playing outside!





Last Saturday, Dave bought me a bag of Dove chocolates. On Monday, I ate a few and I remember thinking that they really didn't last as long as I thought they would. I figured Dave had eaten some. However, yesterday while putting some books away in Lily's book basket I discovered the above pile of wrappers shoved in the bottom. It seems that leaving an open bag of chocolate on the kitchen counter within reach of a candy loving four year old was a mistake.

So, methinks some conversations about the importance of honesty are in order!

Hope you all have a happy Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your hair. It looks modern and edgy...in a good "mom" way. ha! If you were asking me (which I don't think you were), I prefer the bangs straight down to the side. But I am totally with you, it doesn't really look like the picture. Silly hair dresser ;)

Becky said...

I think the haircut is super cute! I like them to the side better (the second picture) but both are really pretty!
Sophia's scary face is just too cute :)

 
Images by Freepik