Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Apr 2, 2013

This, That, and the Other

So, our computer is on Spring Break {apparently, because it quit working last week} which means that I'm trying to figure out how to blog from the iPad. I thought I had it figured out yesterday...but something happened to my pictures. I'm trying out something new today and I'm not very good when it comes to all this technical stuff -- so if this doesn't look right -- forgive me!

ANYWAY....this is just a hodge podge of what's been happening around here lately:

- Exactly two weeks ago, both girls were sick with the stomach flu. Lily got sooo sick that we ended up in the ER Wednesday evening having her treated for dehydration. She threw up every two hours - sometimes less than that - for almost 48 hours straight. She was so out of it when we got to the hospital that she barely even whimpered when they put the IV in. I, on the other hand, was a total wreck. Thankfully, she is completely recovered! And this mama has a renewed appreciation for the gift of my children and their health!



- In happier news, it is SUNNY and the high temps have been in the 50's for the past few days. Spring is coming!

- This morning Sophia picked out and put on her own socks. Yes, they are pumpkin socks, no they don't match, and yes one is inside out but she was so proud of herself, I didn't have the heart to change them :)



- This morning after breakfast, the girls asked if they could have a piece of Easter candy and I said yes {thinking...a small Reese's cup or a Hershey's kiss}. They both proceeded to pick out the biggest piece of candy they had left -- Lily a fun size bag of M and M's and Sophia a small bag of jellybeans. Well played, girls, well played.



- Took a trip to Target this morning and I was quite proud of myself for leaving the clearanced candy section with only two Reese's eggs. Although, one of them seems to have already mysteriously disappeared. *Ahem*




- Also at Target, I picked up some little toys in the Easter section to keep in our gift box -- I love finding inexpensive toys/gifts to keep on hand for birthday and Christmas presents -- for our girls or for friends and family.

I thought these were cute, for only $2.50:



They hold hairbands:




Because what girl couldn't use some cute new hair accessories? I haven't decided whether or not these will be for us to keep and give to the girls or to give away.

And then I got these, for only $1.50 each:




They are little compacts that open up to a brush/mirror. I have one in my purse that the girls play with all. the. time. It's always the most random things that capture their attention! These I'll keep to use as stocking stuffers at Christmas. I know it might seem crazy buying them this far ahead -- but if I don't, I know I'll end up paying full price for stuff around the holidays!

- I used some Christmas money to buy this shirt at Old Navy the other day:




I was actually really surprised at how much I loved it on. I'm picturing it with a pair of colored shorts or skinny jeans. Now I just need to purchase some colored shorts or skinny jeans :) I really loved these shorts at Target:




They come in all different colors but I liked this one and the kelly green the best. They're 5 inches which I've figured out is a great length for me. I've got long legs, so 3 inches is waaaay too short and bermudas make me look frumpy. I didn't buy any, but I'm hoping maybe they'll go on sale soon!

- This morning I read one of my favorite passages of Scripture -- Psalm 90. I've always loved the verse about "numbering our days" and the reminder that we are like grass that flourish in the morning and then wither away -- great truths about the brevity of life! But I was especially encouraged by these verses today:

O Lord, come back to us!
How long will you delay?
Take pity on your servants
Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love,
so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives.
Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery!
Replace the evil years with good.

Let us, your servants, see you work again;
let our children see your glory.
Psalm 90: 13-17


I love how the Word of God speaks truth into our lives at every moment and in every circumstance.

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I've missed you on here - and in real life :) GREAT idea on grabbing up discounted toys and stuff. I need to do that, too! Ava LOVES her hello kitty brush/compact thing. Good choice!

 
Images by Freepik