Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jan 10, 2014

Five on Friday

Happy Friday! We have a rare weekend with nothing on the calendar and I plan to enjoy every minute of it!

(Ignore the poor grammar there :)

Here's my weekly roundup of things I'm loving.

1) Matlock
Ok, so true confessions time: I have discovered that I have rather geriatric tastes in entertainment. 

Example: One of my favorite TV shows? Matlock. I have episodes recorded on the DVR and love watching them while I fold laundry in the afternoons.

I have fond memories of watching this show with my mom...it's like the TV equivalent of comfort food to me, I guess ;)

I love the cheesy "action" scenes. I love that it's a crime/mystery show without being gory. I love "Conrad McMasters" and his snazzy eighties fashion.

Real men wear hot pink.

And I LOVE Andy Griffith! 


Dramatically pointing out the REAL killer in the courtroom...ah, yes, Matlock.

Dave makes fun of me (and you probably will too) and judging from the number of AARP and Life Alert commercials that air during the show,  I'm probably the only person under 80 that watches it. I'm ok with that :)

2) Pioneer Woman


I've always liked her recipes but I've never really read her blog or watched her TV show. Then on Thanksgiving Day they had a marathon on Food Network. The girls and I ended up watching several of her shows together while we were getting ready to go to our family dinner and now we love it! 

She's a little awkward on the show and I think the script sounds stilted sometimes but I am totally fascinated by her life on the ranch. In my dreams, we move to Texas and start our own cattle ranch...Dave's not quite on board with that ;) (And yes, I know she lives in Oklahoma but I've always wanted to live in Texas :)

(Add this to the list of things I tend to romanticize in my mind, along with raising my own chickens, living on a farm, and being an actual pioneer woman)

Lily and Sophia both like to watch it with me. They call her "The Baker Lady" and they love to go play in their kitchen right after we watch it!

3) Pottery Barn Kids Farmhouse Table


We are in the process of converting part of our basement into a homeschool space. Previous to this we've done all our work on the couch or at the kitchen table, but for numerous reasons, that isn't working so well anymore. I've been researching kids play tables and after getting a gift card plus some money for Christmas, I think I'm going to use it to purchase this one!

4) Fresh Fruit and Cherry Tomatoes


These are my current pregnancy cravings, in particular any kind of berry (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry) and pineapple. You know, the stuff that's in season and so cheap right now ;)

This is pretty different from my first two pregnancies when I craved hot dogs and ice cream. I'm not questioning it though...at least it's healthy!

5) This picture

I was doing my personal Bible study this morning and she came in wanting to read her Bible too. So sweet!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik